interested in someone and I hate it !

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been in and she's definately married. She mentioned her husband to some other customer. Talked a bit to her. Her daughter didn't pass on my comments, she was surprized when I said I had seen her. So she wasn't been funny with me the other day, most probably feeling ill or in a bad mood.

I must stop doing that, getting too paranoid and thinking people are 'off' with me !

Good thing you didn't "go for it" considering she's married.
I bet you're glad you poked around a bit to find out.

EveWasFramed said:
Good thing you didn't "go for it" considering she's married.
I bet you're glad you poked around a bit to find out.

of course I am. I can go in the shop and not feel embarrassed.
Good old facebook !

a week on and she's slipped from my mind quite quickly.
Funny, Ive had 2 situations which I could have done something if I wanted to. Last week I walked into this small supermarket and she was right in front of me doing her shopping. I avoided her. Today she was shutting up her shop when I walked past. She looked but either didn't recognize me or couldn't be arsed to say 'hello' - I just walked past.

Like all my stupid posts about women - there was never anything in it - just me being stupid and navie thinking a friendly shop assistant could be interested in me. When in reality all she was doing was her job !

Pfff, stop beating yourself duff :) Only thing to do is go out and try again, we both know that :)

perfanoff said:
Pfff, stop beating yourself duff :) Only thing to do is go out and try again, we both know that :)

yes i know, I was being rather silly with her but plenty other women around :)

Ive not thought about her for a couple of weeks. When Ive walked past her shop Ive not looked in, just walked past.

Anyway, today I wanted some photo's because my Mam wanted to look at some. So I went in and she was really chatty. She is very easy to talk to. I asked her how she was and she said she had a problem with her throat and a possible medical problem. We talked a bit more. I went back a couple of hours later to collect my photo's and she was even more chatty. She asked me about my work and we had a really nice chat. I wanted to stay in the shop longer to be honest. She is a really nice person to talk to. Sometimes I just click with a person and talking is easy. I want to know more about her.

She always says 'see you soon' - I'm not sure she says that to everyone ! lol !

I pretty much gave up on the woman I was interested in. I realized that if I was focused on someone that I probably had no chance with that I might overlook someone or something good. Thanks for opening my eyes. You know who you are. :)

she's married so nothing will happen but it's can't do any harm having a nice chat with her !

went in today, she said 'see you soon' again. I noticed she never said it to a few other customers. Does this mean anything ???

duff said:
went in today, she said 'see you soon' again. I noticed she never said it to a few other customers. Does this mean anything ???

It means she considers you a regular customer and hopes you return soon to buy more stuff.

EveWasFramed said:
duff said:

It means she considers you a regular customer and hopes you return soon to buy more stuff.

ha ha yes, spend some more money ! :)
I was half kidding anyway ! :)

I went in last week to get some prints of my photo's. She wasn't in. The guy there said he liked one of my photo's and asked if he could display it in the shop. I said 'yes' - I was quite chuffed !

I told my mam about it (and everybody else lol) and she went in yesterday to see it. She had a chat with the assistant about my photo and I knew my friend (the woman) was back working. I didn't think she knew it was my photo though. This morning I was in the area and I wondered whether I should go in and tell her it was mine. I didn't want anything from the shop. I walked past and looked in and I saw her looking. I went to another shop instead. Anyway I thought 'go for it' and went in. It could have gone badly but it didn't. She burst from the back, happy as hell and said she knew it was my photo. Said it was 'my style' - I laughed and said I didn't think I had a 'style' - we talked for another 5 minutes, about the photo mostly. We just spare jokes at each other, good natured stuff. I left and she said the 'see you real soon' bit.

I walked away with a smile on my face, felt great. Felt a buzz ! Some people have that effect on me, happy people. I am used to miserable, moaning people.

duff said:
I went in last week to get some prints of my photo's. She wasn't in. The guy there said he liked one of my photo's and asked if he could display it in the shop. I said 'yes' - I was quite chuffed !

I told my mam about it (and everybody else lol) and she went in yesterday to see it. She had a chat with the assistant about my photo and I knew my friend (the woman) was back working. I didn't think she knew it was my photo though. This morning I was in the area and I wondered whether I should go in and tell her it was mine. I didn't want anything from the shop. I walked past and looked in and I saw her looking. I went to another shop instead. Anyway I thought 'go for it' and went in. It could have gone badly but it didn't. She burst from the back, happy as hell and said she knew it was my photo. Said it was 'my style' - I laughed and said I didn't think I had a 'style' - we talked for another 5 minutes, about the photo mostly. We just spare jokes at each other, good natured stuff. I left and she said the 'see you real soon' bit.

I walked away with a smile on my face, felt great. Felt a buzz ! Some people have that effect on me, happy people. I am used to miserable, moaning people.

I haven't been in for awhile, no real need to. I remember last time we talked for ages.

I went in today because my Mam wanted some prints. Within 10 seconds I realized she was off, cool and not talkative. (to me anyway)
I stood at machine and just got on with it. This other guy come in and started talking / flirting with her. He offered her a sausage roll at one point. I just kept myself to myself. I went to pay for my stuff, she never said 'bye' so I didn't either.

When I went out I thought 'whatever'

That's why I don't really consider people as 'friends' because one day they talk and the next they don't bother.

duff said:
duff said:

I haven't been in for awhile, no real need to. I remember last time we talked for ages.

I went in today because my Mam wanted some prints. Within 10 seconds I realized she was off, cool and not talkative. (to me anyway)
I stood at machine and just got on with it. This other guy come in and started talking / flirting with her. He offered her a sausage roll at one point. I just kept myself to myself. I went to pay for my stuff, she never said 'bye' so I didn't either.

That's why I don't really consider people as 'friends' because one day they talk and the next they don't bother.

Seen her a few time since. She's chatty enough. I guess people have their off days ! I don't know why some women are friendly some days and off the other. For no reason as well. And on the days they are 'off', they talk to everybody else ! Strange ! But it happens !

This morning she told me about this holiday she had booked on the internet which turned out to be a scam. I felt very sorry for her. She told me her age, 55. I said she looked 40. I wasn't joking. I don't mind throwing compliments about. I'm glad I know her even though it's only 5 minutes here and there when we talk. Shame she is taken (married) but the best ones tend to be.

duff said:
Shame she is taken (married) but the best ones tend to be.

This saying never made any sense to me. When I look at 7 billion people on this planet, I'd say the odds of finding a really good partner are extremely favorable.

The question I always ask myself when I obsess over a person I can't have is, "Why am wasting so much mental energy on someone I can't have when there are loads of available people I could be spending my time with, instead?"

That tends to knock me out of the behavior. Sometimes. lol

Case said:
duff said:
Shame she is taken (married) but the best ones tend to be.

This saying never made any sense to me. When I look at 7 billion people on this planet, I'd say the odds of finding a really good partner are extremely favorable.

The question I always ask myself when I obsess over a person I can't have is, "Why am wasting so much mental energy on someone I can't have when there are loads of available people I could be spending my time with, instead?"

That tends to knock me out of the behavior. Sometimes. lol

we obsess about certain women because we like them. I don't think you can flick a switch and unlike someone.

There's this other woman, a customer in my shop. We've got these self scan tills now and I've noticed the last 2 times she as come in, she has used them instead of coming to me on the till and having a chat. So I thought 'sod her' - I bumped into a few days later in the shop and I flirted like hell with her. She's married too. She must know I like her. I basically say. I see it as harmless banter really. I would never say anything too bad.

There is yet another woman and I talk to her a bit. She has no wedding ring and seems single from what she has said. But I don't like as much. It's just not there. She's okay and sometimes think 'shall I ?' - but I don't like her as much as the other ones.

Sod's law !

duff said:
duff said:
duff said:

Seen her a few time since. She's chatty enough. I guess people have their off days ! I don't know why some women are friendly some days and off the other. For no reason as well. And on the days they are 'off', they talk to everybody else ! Strange ! But it happens !

This morning she told me about this holiday she had booked on the internet which turned out to be a scam. I felt very sorry for her. She told me her age, 55. I said she looked 40. I wasn't joking. I don't mind throwing compliments about. I'm glad I know her even though it's only 5 minutes here and there when we talk. Shame she is taken (married) but the best ones tend to be.

I went in today. I do feel sorry for her losing all that money. So I asked her if they were any developments. She said 'hi' and briefly answered my question. The shop was empty yet when I bought my stuff she said 'see you' - which I thought was another way of saying 'sod off and leave me alone' - so that's where you get for being nice to people !

Latest posts

Back