Introducing... #23, Michael Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuesT

Reaction score
Lol, hey guys, me wondering who else loves basketball on this forum? It's always been my favourite sport to play and to watch, and lately I've just been getting more into it. The past few days I've gone to the courts near my house to shoot around and I've been watching vids on YouTube to fulfill my craving.

In case anyone wants to talk a little NBA basketball, who is your favourite player this season? Who do you like for MVP? Prediction for the Finals match-up and who will win it all?, etc.....

Even if you don't know NBA basketball, does anyone perhaps from others parts of the world watch your nation's league? Or does anyone like me like to play basketball at a court near their house from time to time?

Let's talk ball!

:)

I was hoping for a better response than that, no offense Mouse.

Oh well, my initial question was answered I guess. :)

"I guess those subliminal motivation tapes have been working."

Mad props to whoever can figure out who is quoted as saying that. PM me if you know (if you want to of course). lol

Anyways, thanks to those who took the time to read the post.

*QuesT dribbles left, crosses over Mouse, the mighty defender, and promptly drops the game-winning jumper at the buzzer*

woot! #virtualsuccess!

:D

NOTE: The preceding event, described in asterisks (*), never actually occurred in real life, due to geographical issues and the fact that Mouse, and I quote: "is too tired and has no inclination to play with balls." Good thing basketball only takes one ball, tho?

Your move, Mouse... haha, please take this as playfully and non-offensively as possible (if possible), I guess I took minor jabs at you Mouse cuz I felt your response hurt my feelings a bit, not to mention it was the only response. If your response was meant playfully and non-offensively, I retract all jabs (if you even viewed them as jabs) and simply hope the post was entertaining.

fin.

You can poke all you like, Hon. I don't mind one bit. :) Sorry, but I don't find that sport of real interest, but if you wanted to discuss Cricket, then that might be different. ... As for the tiredness reference, I have CFS. Sometimes I can't even muster the strength to play the forum games, it's that bad.

Still, I hope you can find success with your hobby interest. You could try Pintrest, by the way. In the meantime, have a rep for goodwilly. :)

Anna Mouse

Mouse said:
You can poke all you like, Hon. I don't mind one bit. :) Sorry, but I don't find that sport of real interest, but if you wanted to discuss Cricket, then that might be different. ... As for the tiredness reference, I have CFS. Sometimes I can't even muster the strength to play the forum games, it's that bad.

Still, I hope you can find success with your hobby interest. You could try Pintrest, by the way. In the meantime, have a rep for goodwilly. :)

Anna Mouse

:) Hey, as the starter of the thread, I have no problem if it becomes a thread about Cricket, if you want - I will take an interest. In general, I am a sports fan and I like to learn about all sports. Perhaps if we were to do that though it would be better as a PM, I dunno..

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try Pinterest.

Thanks for the rep, back at ya!!

h3donist said:
I used to be quite good at Jammit for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis #useless answer

Lol, any answer is a useful answer at this point. When I googled Jammit it seemed to indicate it was something like an old version of Rock Band or something to that effect, correct? #ILoveHashTagsEvenThoughIHaveNeverComposedATweetInMyWholeLife

h3donist said:
No it was a basketball game in the early 90s for the Sega Megadrive / Genesis (depending where you live)

I honestly thought you were getting mixed up with NBA Jam, but after checking, I'm willing to admit that I was wrong.

I'm not a basketball fan, but I did watch all 7 games when Hakeem Olajuwon led the Houston Rockets to the championship against the NY Knicks in 1994. There ends my basketball viewing history.

h3donist said:
No it was a basketball game in the early 90s for the Sega Megadrive / Genesis (depending where you live)

Nice, I too have become quite prolific at a basketball video game. It's called NBA 2k10, and I play it on Xbox-360. Super fun.

Cavey said:
h3donist said:

I honestly thought you were getting mixed up with NBA Jam, but after checking, I'm willing to admit that I was wrong.

I'm not a basketball fan, but I did watch all 7 games when Hakeem Olajuwon led the Houston Rockets to the championship against the NY Knicks in 1994. There ends my basketball viewing history.

I'm sure that's a cool memory for you. I've done my best to watch at least 3 or 4 Finals match-ups in the past few years, I love it.

I was 3 years old when that match-up between the Rockets and the Knicks took place, Cavey. haha

But of course I know of Hakeem Olajuwon. Did he not dominate with his famous "hook shot"? :D

You should try watching the NBA Finals this year, even though you say you are not a basketball fan (sometimes we can acquire a taste for something we thought we didn't like)... It should be a great one and I can bring you all up-to-date on all of the players and teams if you were interested. :)

QuesT said:
I'm sure that's a cool memory for you. I've done my best to watch at least 3 or 4 Finals match-ups in the past few years, I love it.

I was 3 years old when that match-up between the Rockets and the Knicks took place, Cavey. haha

But of course I know of Hakeem Olajuwon. Did he not dominate with his famous "hook shot"? :D

You should try watching the NBA Finals this year, even though you say you are not a basketball fan (sometimes we can acquire a taste for something we thought we didn't like)... It should be a great one and I can bring you all up-to-date on all of the players and teams if you were interested. :)

I live in the UK and basketball is a minority sport here. The matches are shown at around 2am in the morning. I was 19/20 when that series was shown and at that point in my life I could afford to be sat up all night.

These days, I've got many more responsibilities and a lot less energy, so I only force myself awake for things that I know I'm going to really enjoy or has some sort of a social component.

I do still remember that series fondly though...

EDIT: "Hey! Hey! What are you guys doing?! The only time you guys box out is when you have a donut!" -- from a commercial about a famous heckler

I've watched the major sports (except NASCAR) for several decades. When the Raptors opened up shop in Toronto, I jumped on the bandwagon and followed them. Over time, however, I've found that I just don't "get" basketball. I also have about a 6" vertical so less hops than root beer. :D But if you want to talk basketball I can try, as I followed it for about six or seven years back in the late 90s and early oughts.

QuesT said:
Lol, hey guys, me wondering who else loves basketball on this forum? It's always been my favourite sport to play and to watch, and lately I've just been getting more into it. The past few days I've gone to the courts near my house to shoot around and I've been watching vids on YouTube to fulfill my craving.

In case anyone wants to talk a little NBA basketball, who is your favourite player this season? Who do you like for MVP? Prediction for the Finals match-up and who will win it all?, etc.....

Even if you don't know NBA basketball, does anyone perhaps from others parts of the world watch your nation's league? Or does anyone like me like to play basketball at a court near their house from time to time?

Let's talk ball!

Hello there QuesT. I confess that I haven't ever really followed sports that closely, though I do see the appeal and tend to watch when any of Chicago's teams are having a good season, or when I happen to catch a game that turns out to be a real nail-biter. And I do remember seeing those championship series with the Bulls and Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, of course Dennis "the Worm" Rodman and the rest back in the '90s.

As far as playing goes, sometimes I do play pick-up games of basketball with my friends. But it can be hard to get a group together though, when everyone is available to play. I'm not the biggest or the fastest guy out there, but I have been known to drain a few 3's from time to time :)

Anyway. Not the most knowledgeable post I know, but I do appreciate your enthusiasm for basketball because it's just cool to me to see a person find their passion and dive in. Cheers!

I love Michael Jordan but the truth is I don't really watch much basketball unless its like the Olympics or something. I still like the bulls, Derrik Rose is pretty good, but like I said, I don't watch the games so...

Cricket on the other hand I do watch =)

Latest posts

Back