Introductions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orthochromatic

Reaction score
Hi people -

I found the forum and looked around a bit yesterday. Figured I would introduce myself while waiting on the morning coffee today.

I am a guy in my mid 40's and have been on a bit of a rollercoaster for the last couple of years. I ended up losing my business at the end of 2008 due to the economy tanking and a business partner that cleaned out a good chunk of the accounts before moving to Vietnam. I decided a fresh start was in order, sold almost everything I owned and moved to Southern California after getting a job offer there.

Of course the company that hired me also got hit by the bad economy, then decided to shut down a couple months after I arrived - "Sorry". As much as I love the weather and beaches here I haven't been able to find long term steady work since, and haven't really made any real friends. It seems everyone is either working an angle or just putting on an image of some sort.

I have been shacking up with a younger gal and we talk some, but it is kind of an emotionally empty sort of thing. I guess more of a roomies with bennies sort of thing. Even she has pointed out that I am really not happy here and now I have decided to move on again when our lease is up at the end of May. I figure I know some people in San Francisco, in Seattle (where I am from), and Port Angeles who would all welcome me and put me up while I job hunt, look for a place to live, etc... I just need to figure out where to go. At that point I think I will toss my fat old cat, my guitar, and a few other things into my car and hit the road again. Maybe spend a week or two working my way up the coastline taking pictures and camping along the way.

Normally I am not big on forums. I really prefer personal interactions, but lately I have caught myself having conversations with the cat or inanimate objects and figured maybe I should try some "forum action" before I start making hats out of tin foil or talking like the cat lady on The Simpsons.

Welcome

There is nothing wrong with speaking to inanimate objects. The problem is when you get mad at them for not responding.

Welcome.

I hope talking to that cat isn't only a step away from the tin foil hats.

f_minusm_906c16a.gif

I guess it is best to be ready, just in case.

aw. Welcome to our forum. I like your avatar. It's a cool pic of an old camera!

I like having you on the boards. :)

Thanks. I'll be around for a while and usually try to be fairly civil.

The old camera is a late 1950's Minolta Autocord TLR. I took the picture of it with another old camera in my bag - in a sushi place while we were having lunch one day and waiting for a rain storm to pass.

Latest posts

Back