Invest in yourself - Eric Thomas

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zett

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this because I find this video extremely powerful at the message it conveys and I think it's important for people to know. Anyone who has read my posts will know I've said several times to invest in themselves but I know for sure there are people out there wondering how.

My way and I don't mean this as the only way but just a way of doing it is to get invested in self improvement. Get happy about your own progress because if you can get excited at being a better version of yourself you will be happier and it won't depend on anyone else. Most of you reading this have probably finished school and some of you may think thank goodness you don't have to force yourself through that again. However, educating yourself beyond school and into the real world is actually more important. You can choose the subjects now that you want to invest in, you aren't forced to do math when you hate it, you can focus on your passion and if you head towards this direction it'll lead to happiness that isn't dependent on social success. And in doing so if you shine brightly enough in your own passion you'll probably find people will naturally want to be part of your world, it's one way of curing loneliness. And it's one self fulfilling journey.

Anyway enjoy Eric Thomas' motivational speech. Just try to ignore the spelling errors made by the video creator who tried to transcribe the words onto screen.

[video=youtube]

Thank god it's monday!

I like him, he's getting the real message across in his videos, i've watched quite a bit of them.

Haha, yeah that's his Youtube show. I love it when people put together videos of some of his best motivational speeches and tie them together with music. The empowerment is anchored to the music and I find that by repeatedly listening to the music without his words I can re-experience the emotions I felt when I listened to him.

In case you don't know about this, this is the phenomenon they call emotional anchoring in NLP (neuro-linguistic programming). It's the reason why you feel the things you do when you listen to any music actually and if you understand it you can use it to empower you or put you into the correct state for the right thing, like listening to up-beat music when exercising or listening to classical music to concentrate. Same principle.

^ Yeah i have heard about that, that's also why i use music to feel nostalgic to something when i would wish that. If that makes any sense.

Do you have his book? Or audio-book.

I also heard he had succeeded in setting up his own online university, called breathe university, from his signature line. Of course not a normal university, but one to help one find themselves and achieve all the goals one might have. Looked pretty neat.

Oh wow didn't know, thanks for that information. That's pretty amazing that he's started his own university. His video was the first video that really impacted how I felt at a time before my change. I used his 'wanting to succeed as bad as you want to breathe' video to get up and delete my computer games and get the ball rolling on the changes I'm working on right now.

Latest posts

Back