Is being alone better?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe something that is worth it to you just isn't worth it to him? Not everyone thinks the same way as you or has had the same life experiences.
This is completely true. I have no idea what the 2nd job is, nor why they find it annoying and have zero satisfaction out of it. We are not all the same with what makes us tick and I totally understand that we all have had different life experiences.

Maybe I could have worded it a little better so apologies if it came across wrong, but I was just trying to get them to consider this as why they feel that way. :)

Right now I have no one and am very lonely. I am 65 with no friends and my last relationship was YEARS ago. I am just soooooooooooo shy and very nervous about meeting. I do volunteer but have met no one through it. I did try reaching out to my ex, but that went no where. I don't want to use dating sites and am not that advanced technically. Just feel that I will die alone and it sucks.

Right now I have no one and am very lonely. I am 65 with no friends and my last relationship was YEARS ago. I am just soooooooooooo shy and very nervous about meeting. I do volunteer but have met no one through it. I did try reaching out to my ex, but that went no where. I don't want to use dating sites and am not that advanced technically. Just feel that I will die alone and it sucks.
Do you know what the cause(s) of your shyness might be? Getting to work on those might be the solution.

Being alone is bloody awful to me, but anything is better than being with someone who doesn't even understand you 🥺✨
This so true. Even though I live with my elderly(will be 82 this year) mother. I feel like a 'box within a box' or, 'fishbait'.

The space between, the inside of the outer box, and the outside of the inner box

The length of the fishing line from the end of the fishing pole, to the fishhook

These two analogies mean, family n' friends can give me everything but romantic love.

This so true. Even though I live with my elderly(will be 82 this year) mother. I feel like a 'box within a box' or, 'fishbait'.

The space between, the inside of the outer box, and the outside of the inner box

The length of the fishing line from the end of the fishing pole, to the fishhook

These two analogies mean, family n' friends can give me everything but romantic love.
Awh you’re a good person staying with your mother 😇

I think it has to do with me being very self conscious
But there must be reasons you feel that self conscious. Do you know what they are and if you could do things to address them? Understandably you might not want to say here what they are but maybe thinking about it and what could be done would help?

I think it depends on the individual and their fortitude for it.
Some people are more social, some people are more socially withdrawn. 🤷‍♂️
I definitely have my off days, or a week at most, where I wish I had a gf again.
But given the difficulties of my life, it makes more logical sense for me to just stay single.
Damnest thing is, that's when I started drawing more attention to myself accidentally. :unsure:
So now when I meet younger dudes online who are like "how to get a gf?" I tell them:
Step 1.) Stop trying to get a gf.
🤷‍♂️

I think it depends on the individual and their fortitude for it.
Some people are more social, some people are more socially withdrawn. 🤷‍♂️
I definitely have my off days, or a week at most, where I wish I had a gf again.
But given the difficulties of my life, it makes more logical sense for me to just stay single.
Damnest thing is, that's when I started drawing more attention to myself accidentally. :unsure:
So now when I meet younger dudes online who are like "how to get a gf?" I tell them:
Step 1.) Stop trying to get a gf.
🤷‍♂️
Relationships always happen when you least expect them to happen.

Things have a way of finding you when you don't try *so* hard for them.

Less really is more, sometimes..

Relationships always happen when you least expect them to happen.

Things have a way of finding you when you don't try *so* hard for them.

Less really is more, sometimes..

I think it's just impractical to me despite the passing of desire. 😕
I'm in no position to be providential.
There's an old book written during the Great Depression era called Life Begins At 40 about what's sometimes called the Sandwich Generation, which is the generation of men between the ages of 30 and 50, who find themselves sandwiched between the labors of trying to provide for their own families, and also trying to manage help the ailing health of their parents.
And of course because it was the Depression Era, some time later after the book a parody film about it came out from England that's a satire I've still yet to see comically titled: "Life Begins At 8:30." 😅
But yeah, I'm 34, and that's kind of like exactly what my life is like right now. :confused:

Latest posts

Back