Is it really about what's on the inside?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyneco

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm as ugly on the inside as I am on the outside. That aside, can you honestly feel attracted to someone if he/she/it is so repulsive on the outside whilst having the heart of an angel? Some say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but obviously these people have only seen average-looking people at worst.

Love stories start with people who hate one another,who felt that the other person are just bad on both on the inside and the outside.

Result:Happy Marriage

gyneco said:
That aside, can you honestly feel attracted to someone if he/she/it is so repulsive on the outside whilst having the heart of an angel?

Yes,

I have been attracted to women that are not what society would class as good looking. For me its really about what comes out of there moth not what a person looks like.

I have had two GF in my life. The first was very good looking. Well I thought the second was better looking but none of my mates did. Just she made me laugh and was moor fun to be with. so maybe that's why I was moor attracted to her.

Its really not about looks at all I don't think. I the other year started to get involved with a very good looking girl. I ended up finishing it be for it really had a chance to start. Reason-Cos she could not be trusted and well there was lots of reasons. But goes to show that looks don't matter one bit. Only when your in your teens do they matter.

Unacceptance said:
Looks can be altered so it really has very little relavence compared to assholism which can't be lost.

haha, A few to many ppl in the world that suffer with assholism I would say. Maybe they should set a group up for them ppl much like they have the AA meetings or something hahah. Just love the word assholism. You should put that word on Wikipedia. make it legit and all that :)

Yes I can. I am a pretty girl and I get hit on alll the time, but I can honestly say I do not judge on looks. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years, and when I first met him I thought he was HIDEOUS! I actually liked his best friend at the time so we just met as friends, but after talking to him on the phone a lot and hanging out I forgot about his friend and developed a huge crush on him, despite how I felt about his looks. Actually, as I was exposed to how great his personality was, he became cuter in my eyes! Not everybody is like me, but as you get older you see people do become more mature and less shallow. Good looks will not keep you warm at night and they will not keep you happy. If you're an ugly person on the inside I feel sad for you, and I hope you will try and change your ways.

gyneco said:
Okay, so I'm as ugly on the inside as I am on the outside. That aside, can you honestly feel attracted to someone if he/she/it is so repulsive on the outside whilst having the heart of an angel? Some say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but obviously these people have only seen average-looking people at worst.

yes, but everyone has there limit of uglyness. I want a girl that Id be proud to be seen holding hands with. If not, then id never be happy, Physical attraction is important too. You need a balance

Porman said:
yes, but everyone has there limit of uglyness. I want a girl that Id be proud to be seen holding hands with. If not, then id never be happy, Physical attraction is important too. You need a balance

So hard to disagree with u..I like a girl who is not really that pretty though.

Physical attractiveness is only important for first impressions. Afterwards it's only personality, manners and social skills (Unless of course you/the person in question is HIDEOUS)

Beauty can't sustain a relationship, there has to be substance. Sometimes I see couples together and I wonder how in the world they ended up together, but I think it's more of how that person makes you feel than what they look like. Don't get me wrong, there has to be chemistry, but a person can be moved by commonalities or a great sense of humor etc. I can't tell you how many times someone has told me that they didn't find a particular person attractive at all, but after they got to know them, they saw them in a whole new light. But then again, if you're a person that focuses on the physical, than that will outweigh anything else.

ExtensivexLDL said:
Physical attractiveness is only important for first impressions. Afterwards it's only personality, manners and social skills (Unless of course you/the person in question is HIDEOUS)

Agreed.

Research has shown that men prefer beautfiful women to rich women.Wonder it is true for now.

So what do you reckon we naturally hideous people do? Get a plastic surgery because in the end appearance does matter and is important for first impressions?

will....it's not that complicate. Would you want to live with a
partner that's a total bone head ? obviously not.

Now..what makes you think a partner or your partner wants anything
different....:p

I'm not going to ask you how ugly or hedious you think you are.
You probably think you're off of the scale in the negative numbers
or some crap...lol

On a scale of 1-10 my ex was probably an 8...
And my scale is of high standard to begine with.lol
i like it the eye candi...men are visual
She became a stone cold heartless ***** and i don't need that honeysuckle...lol
I can do better thou ...man :p
On the scale of 1-10...a babe i met is a 9. I can still do better...lmao
She's nice very, very nice. I fine her very attractive.

I prefer sweet beautiful rich woman :p
Someone with lots and lots of assets...lmao

No internal conflicts...man. Women hate that stuff.
Then you have to work on character building.
Get rid of some bad behaviors....change man
Like don't call her ...... a *****, a hoe and let just fresia...which is kind of blount of course.
If you think like that...she can sense it. It'll come out in subtle ways.
Will...you can sense a woman that thinks you're a stupid tool
and just want you money can't ya ?

Is that not what you want is someone to truely love and care about
you ? It gose both ways.

Yea, I can honestly say that. I fall for the personality. Looks don't matter to me at all.

I can't speak for other but looks is very important to me. Since I never dated before I'm obsess over looks at this point, but if someday some girl really care for me and has an awesome personality, maybe my personality would change too, and it will not matter as much.

everyone's opinion is different. first impressions are important...but it's what follows that is trully important. looks can only get you so far. and if you are a hideous disgusting beast...then no you should not seek out plastic surgery or anything like that....someone will see what you think is hideous someday as what they've been looking for.

-Blueindia

Latest posts

Back