Is It True

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life Reaper said:
So ive always wondered is it really true to have loved and lost it than to have never loved at all

On balance, taking one thing with another - yes. Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Because at least it means you can love.

People who haven't experienced love might say it's better to love and lose. People with broken hearts might say it's better to not know.

As far as romantic love goes, I have experienced it twice. Both times my world was crushed when things ended. Quite honestly, it took me years to be able to handle those lost loves. With that said, I wouldn't change any of it. Both of those experiences made me who I am today. I still love both of those men and I always will, but I could never go back to either of them.
Do I want to love another person as much as I loved them....I don't know. The thought of it terrifies me, but I do believe that everyone should experience love. It changes your whole world.
Anyway, I think it's better to have love and lose it than to never have it at all.

TheRealCallie said:
People who haven't experienced love might say it's better to love and lose. People with broken hearts might say it's better to not know.

As far as romantic love goes, I have experienced it twice. Both times my world was crushed when things ended. Quite honestly, it took me years to be able to handle those lost loves. With that said, I wouldn't change any of it. Both of those experiences made me who I am today. I still love both of those men and I always will, but I could never go back to either of them.
Do I want to love another person as much as I loved them....I don't know. The thought of it terrifies me, but I do believe that everyone should experience love. It changes your whole world.
Anyway, I think it's better to have love and lose it than to never have it at all.

Makes sense she was my high school sweet heart we were together 6 yrs and it all went down in a ball of flames

No, I definitely think it's better to never have loved at all.

Nobody can really say for sure about this since everyone's experience is different, it's one of those things you'd have to experience to find out.

For me it is better not to love at all. Break ups are killing me, literally. I'm unable to move on, ever, it left me numb, for 5 years now, which is better than being depressed. The bad side is, I dom't feel joy or happiness in life. Indeed I do smile, and it's not fake, but I really don't feel the joy in life. I was...more passionate when I was single, before I ever know "love". Despite wanting to find love, I find it easier to deal with that feeling, than to be left.

That's me. Everyone is different.

9006 said:
Nobody can really say for sure about this since everyone's experience is different, it's one of those things you'd have to experience to find out.

Largely, yes. Some people might pine for years. Some for months. Some people might have been taken to court and wrung out, while others maybe just had to divvy up the furniture. Some may come out a better person for it and others worse.

To say that an emotional experience is always for the better simply sounds too pleasure- and present-focused to me.

Life Reaper said:
So ive always wondered is it really true to have loved and lost it than to have never loved at all

It is or it isn't. Only you can answer that question. It's true if it's true for you.

Latest posts

Back