is there really someone for everyone?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rocker

hey there people,where do i start.i bin alone since i can remember,sometimes i think theres something wrong with me but i know there isnt,just all my friends i knew moved away or died,so its just me here on my own,im a 26yo guy & it shouldnt b like this. girls just dont seem to wana know me. got alot goin for me & im always smileing,despite being so empty & alone.so thanks for listening to my rant & take care of yourselfs.

i think u just sit and feel sorry for ur self if u want to have friends u got to do something...... i tell u a secret people feel friendly when u listen to them carefully and not waste their time listening to u , till they feel comfortable and safe with u then they will ask u to tell them about urself ,,, u got to share them their hobbies after that make them share u ur hobbies make them be in need to u ,,,, its easier when u intrduce urself throughing ur way of playing basket or bowlling thats ofcourse for example just try that and tell me wt u got

I don't think there is or isn't someone for everyone because I don't believe in fate. :)

But you can put some effort to have new friends... you had friends before, so at least you aren't like me or some other people here... who have almost no social skills. Try meeting people online... it's easier for me to make friends online...

mimizu said:
I don't think there is or isn't someone for everyone because I don't believe in fate. :)

But you can put some effort to have new friends... you had friends before, so at least you aren't like me or some other people here... who have almost no social skills. Try meeting people online... it's easier for me to make friends online...

i know where your comeing from,i tryed,really i have but it dont get me anywhere,thanks for your thoughts and replies.

I don't think so either. I'm on the brink of suicide and the girl of my dreams who will keep me from ever being lonely for the rest of my life wont come to save me.

rocker said:
i know where your coming from,i tryed,really i have but it dont get me anywhere,thanks for your thoughts and replies.

Rocker-
I know exactly how you feel. I'm 23 and have the same story. Everyone I know has moved away or I moved from them. This has happened over the entire course of my life. I get to know someone and then one of us moves. It's almost ridiculous.

It's odd because I get along well with people. I'm not socially awkward. I can smile, joke, and hold a good conversation. I make acquaintances easily. But friendships take time to develop, and every friendship I begin to make seems to be cut short.

I don't have an answer. In the end you can just try again... but you start to wonder if you will ever get anywhere. Since it is not really in your control as to whether people move, what can you really do?

M.Eileen said:
rocker said:
i know where your coming from,i tryed,really i have but it dont get me anywhere,thanks for your thoughts and replies.

Rocker-
I know exactly how you feel. I'm 23 and have the same story. Everyone I know has moved away or I moved from them. This has happened over the entire course of my life. I get to know someone and then one of us moves. It's almost ridiculous.

It's odd because I get along well with people. I'm not socially awkward. I can smile, joke, and hold a good conversation. I make acquaintances easily. But friendships take time to develop, and every friendship I begin to make seems to be cut short.

I don't have an answer. In the end you can just try again... but you start to wonder if you will ever get anywhere. Since it is not really in your control as to whether people move, what can you really do?

theres nothing u can do but go with the flow,like it or lump it sort of thing,its hard when u have to start over again when u meet someone new,then there move away to. thanks for reading my rant & take care

just keep positive. If you walk around all day thinking "i have no-friends" and and thinking you are a loner, chances are this is the vibe you will give out to people and you will be seen this way. Scaring off any people that you might want to befriend! you will become exactly what you keep thinking inside your head A LONER!.

Keep POSITIVE, think good thoughts, remeber those special moments in your life that you have had with people. Keep up the good thoughts. Start imagining that good feeling when you have a friend or have had a freind, or you have someone in your life, you can talk too. Focus on these good thoughts and feelings of having love from other people.

If you concentrate on the postive, you will begin to make small steps without evan knowing it. When you have positive thoughts about getting and keeping friends, you wont be so shy, you will accept that invitations, you will talk to people and make an effort to make friends becuase you have completly chnaged your way of thinking..if you change the way you think, its hard work..but if you chsnge your mentality to life you will attract the people you want in to your life. You can control your own thoughts. Everyone and everything comes to you for a reason.

jamesey said:
I don't think so either. I'm on the brink of suicide and the girl of my dreams who will keep me from ever being lonely for the rest of my life wont come to save me.

I know how you feel, I had the most wonderful woman in the world, I let my depression, self pity and taking her for granted ruin it, she is married now and happy, I miss her so much, but deep inside I know she is better off with her new man than with a piece of honeysuckle like me, it really hurts when you come to that relazation, as bad as I want her back she is better of without me, hell everyone is, God says he will provide for our needs, isn't being loved and accepted a need? He lied.

it hurts when the one person you love doesnt love you .
i believe that there is really only one person for you ,you may be with others but that one person it would be different with the others you are just passing time with wondeing why the relationship doesnt feel right...........
i had that the one person ,someone who touched my soul,who made me feel whole happy and complete,i had energy and life and i was very different when i was with him.
his family hated me ,he was cornered into choosinghis mama ,papa and grandparents ,that was everyone in his life or me.
i lost.........i have never been the same there will never be anyone like that for me again
i have been married for 17 years seperated for 5 and surprisengly the guy i talk of isnt even my husband.i am trying for a divorce now and it is hard and confusing te idea of being alone is worse than beingwith a abusive person.the knowledge that th e person who holds my heart walled it up and everytime i tried to ask him to talk to me he would say"dont cry i cant take this right now" and walk away over and over was so painful and went o for over a year after our forced breakup till i became the villian for tring to make work for causeing his parents to not love him ut treat him like he was thier good baby once he gave me up .they spoled him and gave him everything that makes a insecure child sure thier parents loved him .i couldnt compete i still love him.
i want to believe i could love again that someone could love me but women dont have it as easy as men ,we have babies ,ruin our bodies doing that and get old at 35 w/ kids i dont have much chance of findng that guy out there who is goonna be perfect for me. but guys at 25 or 35 or 45 can marry womn 10 or 15 years younger they .at 35 i am lucky if a man my age will consider it but usually have to go older MUCH older 50 plus to get a date.
you guys dont give up at 25 men have so much more time to find a girl and at 35 men are still a catch with lil baggage.dont lose faith in the 20's i hope there is more than one person out there for all of us i just havent ever been able to feel that after i met "my the one" that i have ever met anyone even close to him

my advice is this...stick to your own kind.
if your a rocker dude(i assume, because of your name. i guess you like rock&roll, or your into
hardcore music) NEVER befriend people that have different likes/hobbies (e.g people who like boybands like westlife, 98degrees...yuck!)
form a band... compose your own rock&roll songs!
a lot of great rock&roll songs are based on sadness and rejection
just listen to pearl jam's song...jeremy.
OF COURSE IF IM CORRECT THAT YOUR A ROCKER, BECAUSE OF YOUR NAME...ARE YOU?

You asked, "Is there really someone for everyone?"

The answer to your question is quite simple....

NO!!!!

SC1968 said:

NO!!!!

I wanted to belive very badly there was, but I'm begining to doubt it.

Well I personally am a realist. I don't really believe in 'soul mates' per se. I don't think there is only one person with whom each person can find happiness. With all the billions of people on this earth, I think that there are probably about 20-50 people on the planet with whom we would be happy.

kazman32 said:
SC1968 said:

NO!!!!

ah sam! i already doubting and im only 16

kaviii said:
kazman32 said:
SC1968 said:

NO!!!!

ah sam! i already doubting and im only 16

its ok to be alone, here in the phillipines, i know several people who are single and has no plans regarding marriage. they're ok. i don't see any traces of loneliness in them. i guess they found peace in being single.

so cheer up! :D its not that bad.
my advice, buy yourself a pet (dog or cat, it does not matter as long as you have company.)

I agree, pets are a great substitute if you are lonely. Try to have as full a life as possible while being single. This helps alleviate the loneliness while at the same time giving you a life, which will a) help you meet a potential lover and B) make you more attractive to a lover than a person sitting at home each night feeling sorry for himself.

Well, there's over seven billion humans on this planet right now, and over half are women.
Take out the ones who are either too old or too young for you, and you're still left with a lot of females walking through the world.
Traveling is a great way to meet people, and one of the best places (er, so it's been said :)) is the airport.
If you don't have the funds for that big of a travel-jump, get in the car, get on a Greyhound, visit other cities, see what life is like there.
Or just get out and 'visit' your own city for a while - all the places you've never gone, places you don't think you belong or ones that make you feel you don't belong.

Action is the key, to be in places with a concentration of people (obviously with a large contingent of women); go back to school - post-secondary or otherwise - take courses that will lead to a field where you need or are forced to make contact with a wide range of people.
Get a job where public relations is a necessity.

Unfortunately, loneliness is a wonderful generator of lethargy - it kickstarts a mild depression which, whether or not it grows, can really weaken the impetus needed to do anything about the situation.

As for an answer to the main question: yes, I think so, but not in any "fateful meeting" kind of way, if that makes any sense. I'm just worried that I've seen mine and she'd had such a bad day she rushed right by me...

Latest posts

Back