Is this ok?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SophiaGrace said:
You know, after you talk to these people and stop talking to them, it'll haunt you. You'll remember what they said to you, how they said it and how they acted. When you look at other people in life you might see them and then hear what they said to you over in your head again. Then, you'll become mistrusting of others and feel sick that this exists in their minds in such a prevalent way. That is, if you don't get killed. Someday you'll run across one of these pervs and you'll get the feeling that if they could, they would hurt you or kill you...

And you won't be able to forget it or get it out of your head.

Ignorance is sometimes bliss. Do yourself a favor and stop this for your own sake.

Thats very profound. I will take that im considiration, but I just got sick and tired of seeing stuff on the news about sick stuff like that. And then i found out
My best friend whos a girl was raped at the age of 6. that basically went over the line and ive been scaring these pervs straight. Ive taken every precaution to make sure they can't even find out what country im in.

I've done that which was necessary before. I don't believe that you are of the age or maturity to commit to this yet; it is far more difficult than you would believe. Take your time to grow up, and of all things, if you're talking about it, then you're not doing something right. Some things should be kept in silence.

JohnHenryEden said:
Ive taken every precaution to make sure they can't even find out what country im in.

Apparently you're not as cautious as you think you are. You have a static IP.

EveWasFramed said:
JohnHenryEden said:
Ive taken every precaution to make sure they can't even find out what country im in.

Apparently you're not as cautious as you think you are. You have a static IP.

yes because when im not talking to child preds I turn it off because it slows the internet down.

Every single message goes through routers that trace packets, including their point of origin. If someone is truly intent on finding you and has the resources, they can.

IgnoredOne said:
I've done that which was necessary before. I don't believe that you are of the age or maturity to commit to this yet; it is far more difficult than you would believe. Take your time to grow up, and of all things, if you're talking about it, then you're not doing something right. Some things should be kept in silence.

This is the first time ive ever told anyone about me scaring child preds. I will take your advice. Thank you.

IgnoredOne said:
Every single message goes through routers that trace packets, including their point of origin. If someone is truly intent on finding you and has the resources, they can.

I only use airproxy. Thanks for the tip.

And remember that piss poor planning will lead to piss poor execution. I think that what you're doing is emotionally driven and not well calculated at all; its illegality has already been established by others. You are allowed to act as you wish, however, and I shall certainly not judge you.

IgnoredOne said:
And remember that piss poor planning will lead to piss poor execution. I think that what you're doing is emotionally driven and not well calculated at all; its illegality has already been established by others. You are allowed to act as you wish, however, and I shall certainly not judge you.

Yeah your 100% right. Thanks for all the help.

JohnHenryEden said:
ive been scaring these pervs straight.

I think that you are naive to think that you are actually scaring these guys straight. All you might have done is eliminate one possible means for them to contact girls. Now they'll be more careful and take more precautions about seeking out victims rather than stopping completely. Pedophilia isn't something that is easily controlled just by force of will.

Also, an important point missed in this is the fact that you mentioned that your friend was raped by her uncle. The fact of the matter is, people are at far more risk from family members than strangers, though the focus on sexual predators in the popular media has been wholly on stranger-danger. A family member already has access to his/her victims and doesn't really need to trawl the net for someone.

Even if you managed to "scare these guys straight," the vast pool of sexual predators who already have potential victims in their family has gone completely unnoticed in your vigilantism.

tangerinedream said:
JohnHenryEden said:

I think that you are naive to think that you are actually scaring these guys straight. All you might have done is eliminate one possible means for them to contact girls. Now they'll be more careful and take more precautions about seeking out victims rather than stopping completely. Pedophilia isn't something that is easily controlled just by force of will.

Also, an important point missed in this is the fact that you mentioned that your friend was raped by her uncle. The fact of the matter is, people are at far more risk from family members than strangers, though the focus on sexual predators in the popular media has been wholly on stranger-danger. A family member already has access to his/her victims and doesn't really need to trawl the net for someone.

Even if you managed to "scare these guys straight," the vast pool of sexual predators who already have potential victims in their family has gone completely
unnoticed in your vigilantism.

Yes because theirs nothing I can do about that. I just wanted to try anything to stop this from happening to other people. Keep in mind I'm only 13.

The best way to prevent something from happening is to educate people on how to defend themselves and provide individuals with a safe place to talk; silence is where the vast majority of crimes thrive in. Openness and transparency, if they were practiced more widely, would help so very much.

JohnHenryEden said:
tangerinedream said:
JohnHenryEden said:

Even if you managed to "scare these guys straight," the vast pool of sexual predators who already have potential victims in their family has gone completely
unnoticed in your vigilantism.

Yes because theirs nothing I can do about that. I just wanted to try anything to stop this from happening to other people. Keep in mind I'm only 13.

Exactly. All the more reason for you NOT to engage in illegal and dangerous behavior. I am, quite literally, old enough to be your mom. My oldest is 12 and if I found out she was engaged in something like this. I would freak. THE fresia. Out.

It would be Goodbye computer privvies for a start.

Something smells a little "off" about this thread. Why do I have the feeling you're the opposite of what you're representing yourself to be. But if you're really a 13 year old boy like you say, you're definitely not old enough and not qualified to go after the bad guys.

SofiasMami said:
Something smells a little "off" about this thread. Why do I have the feeling you're the opposite of what you're representing yourself to be. But if you're really a 13 year old boy like you say, you're definitely not old enough and not qualified to go after the bad guys.
Why do you think he's the opposite of what he claims to be?

Opposite as in...he's the perv? o_O

Ya know, Sophia (still my fave screen name :) ) my gut just tells me something is off here. It's the interwebz and anyone can post anything. A forum for lonely people is a weird place to post a thread about wanting to bust online sex predators.

Teresa

Well okay. That's an interesting point.

But how is this thread...different from me posting a swearing thread in genral chat? That's sort of non sequitor as well. Where should he post this?

But you may be right, something might be off.

One thing is the title of this thread "is it okay?" And we've repeatedly told him no in several forms and given him good reasons why its not okay, but he seems to be staying his course. So why ask us the question at all?

I admit I find it somewhat strange he isn't disturbed talking to these people. It would disturb me.

Latest posts

Back