Is this rude?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClosetGeek

Reaction score
I find it very frustrating to meet up with a guy who did not really tell me his status. I find myself having lunch with men who hide their wedding bands or put the wedding band on another finger. These men are from my work contacts; from seminars etc. Is it rude to ask the person who asking you for coffee or lunch right away what his status is? I mean ask the person per email before you even meet up? I am just sick and tired of meeting up with such men. I also don't understand the logic of hiding their wedding bands when they ask to meet me for business lunch? I mean I notice their wedding bands anyway. Simply retarded.

Hi CG...nice to hear for you.
Yeah it's kind of retarded for people the hide their wedding ring becuase you can see the tan line.
That's why sometimes I fine it hard to belive that some people get invovled with someone that's
no available and say they didn't have a clue.

I don't know...CG, as far as asking them striaght up. I don't think it is, but if a person
was cheating...they're not going to tell the truth to begin with. It would be wierd if you were
having dinner or on a date with them. I think that why you date or it's a part of a dating
process to weed out or filter out certain people.

That's why i hate being single or dating. But i guess if love comes too easy, we wouldn't
apprrcitate it as much.

Not at all.

Plus, there is only one reason someone would hide a wedding band.

I wouldn't think it was rude. It depends in how you ask him. but as Lonesome Crow said. If he's the kinder man that would do that then is he gonna tell you the truth anyway? I have friends that 2X all the time. God knows how they sleep at night. But they would not tell you the truth. I think you need a lot of luck when it comes to love.

*hides wedding ring*

Ok, If I was to meet a woman for lunch and she ask before hand if I was married, I would personally think YOU wanted more than lunch, If a man wants to cheat he will lie about it anyway. It would just give him more time to plan. I'm not sure what to tell you. If the man plans to cheat he's going to do what ever it takes to hide his status from you, sorry I can't be of more help.

Good to see ya back ClosetGeek!:)

I don't think it would be rude. I also don't think that all of those willing to cheat would automatically lie about it though undoubtedly some would.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Ok, If I was to meet a woman for lunch and she ask before hand if I was married, I would personally think YOU wanted more than lunch...

That would be my concern. Not that anything specific was wanted but that it was being checked out to see if more then a lunch could eventually develop from it.

Maybe something less direct like asking if their wife or girlfriend would have a problem with them meeting you for lunch? Any way around it you would still have to look for signs of a band.

you do want more that lunch

so ask anyway... tis what i think

Minus said:
I don't think it would be rude. I also don't think that all of those willing to cheat would automatically lie about it though undoubtedly some would.

GHOSTNYOURMIST said:
Ok, If I was to meet a woman for lunch and she ask before hand if I was married, I would personally think YOU wanted more than lunch...

That would be my concern. Not that anything specific was wanted but that it was being checked out to see if more then a lunch could eventually develop from it.

Maybe something less direct like asking if their wife or girlfriend would have a problem with them meeting you for lunch? Any way around it you would still have to look for signs of a band.

Latest posts

Back