Is your loneliness your own making?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have spent much of life pushing others away, when ultimately I wanted emotional validation from them.

It's horrible how we become such a prickly pear sometimes. Humans should help each other.

Yes, definitely my own making, I just wish every day that someone told me what am I doing wrong

Peaches said:
Yes, definitely my own making, I just wish every day that someone told me what am I doing wrong

OK everyone here seems to admit its their own making. Then do you guys do something about it (just curious) and did it work? Or you're pretty much comfortable being lonely? If there was NO Internet, do you think you'd be less lonely coz you're forced to go out?

My own making? I would say that my actions was a result of events outside of my control, my life situation etc. Got heavily depressed at 12 because my mother died and my family split. Sat inside playing games and being apathetic for years, and it wasn't until I took action to take off my weight that I started seeing light at the end of the tunnel. When the weight was off, I had to take a good look at myself, who I wanted to be etc. My personality had buried itself deep inside because I had social anxiety and never really had to use it as such. I wrote down a list of goals I wished to accomplished, and I am working on them every day. Some are small goals, other are big. It is making my life better every day I get closer to my goals, and as of now I would definitively not say that I am lonely. I have accomplished much and I still have a lot do. My future is bright and I dragged myself out of the honeysuckle hole that is loneliness.

If there was no internet, then I think I would do as a lot of other people do - join a community just to have someone to be around. Goth or something. Its not me in any way, but I know people who were lonely but had no "life on the internet", and therefore just went where they thought they would be accepted. I don't know how much it helped them, though...

Latest posts

Back