Isolating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am always game to talk about feminism if anyone is interested. I usually don't identify myself as such because, well...you know. The only feminists people tend to like are the ones hanging from a stripper pole and they aren't really feminists after all.

I am new here. First, I have to laugh at the "disable smiles" option to the left of the "Quick Reply" box. Where else would you see that except for maybe this forum that concerns loneliness, depression and anxiety, among other issues?

IIn all seriousness, though, I think these things help:

(i) Joining a group where you *have* to be included, like a chorus or a volunteer organization or something. Music helps a lot. Pottery, dance, sketch pad and pencils, whatever.
(ii) As for joining a volunteer organization, they say that the best way to find happiness is by helping someone else.
(iii) For younger people, know that becoming an adult does make things easier, as it is much less socially acceptable to shun people in the work world than it was in junior high and high school (and even, to a lesser extent, college and grad school) Some corporate workplaces actually judge employees by how inclusive they are.
(iv) I have found that most people really are not interested in hearing about another's depression and related symptoms. A really good friend will, though, but even then not all of the time. They will want to know that you are taking actions to help yourself. Of course it is difficult to do this when depressed.
(v) Medication. They say meditation helps, too. But I am talking about meds from a physician. They can help a lot, though there may be rare side effects, like seemingly worsening depression at the outset of taking the meds. Your doc should discuss this with you. Best to see a psychiatrist if possible, otherwise a general practitioner may be willing to prescribe anitidepressants; many have experience in this area. Stay in very close contact with your doctor, call in to the nurse or doc and visit often, especially in the beginning. Tinkering with dosage and the variety of meds is so important. One med maight not work for you, whereas another will be great.
(vi) Despair is a symptom of depression. It feels like incontroverable reality, but it DOES diminish with treatment.

I hate to see anyone suffering. Here's to feeling better in 2012!!

Lost Drifter said:
I recommend looking into being more assertive, it did wonders for me, sure you’ll still have the oddballs approaching but feeling comfortable in looking them in the eye and telling them to take a hike will do lots for your confidence. Once you feel comfortable with doing that, then you can get to work in getting out and finding that friend you’ve been looking for. Don’t let them deny you that, please.

That's good advice. Thanks Lost Drifter :D

SophiaGrace said:
Also, i think most guys think the platonic section on CL means fresia Buddy Central. XP

I've seen this myself and am blown away by it. Some people are just fukking stupid. I mean, how do you NOT know not to post pictures of your dick under the PLATONIC section!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

:club:

Latest posts

Back