It's the festive season and I'm upset and troubled.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

ragingbull17

Turned 21 on the 11th of this month and am just sick of pretty much everything. I love Christmas but I'm having so much trouble getting into it this year. Everyone around me expects me to be happy but I'm tired of pretending. My 21st passed by without me doing anything due to the fact I have like zero friends, and I feel old even though I'm not particularly.

Don't feel bad. I'm not really into the holiday spirit either this year. I haven't been for a while. I'm just going along with it for the food. And cookies.

I like your quote, vanilla. reminds me of the movie "Dodgeball", when Vince Vaughn's character tells the bank attorney that if he has low expectations, he never really gets disappointed.

I agree with vanillacream. I didn't even put a Christmas tree up this year, but I did put my lighted santa in the window. I started to feel bad too, because everyone around me is in the holiday spirit...but I told myself I'm not gonna force it if I don't feel it. I'll just be me and not worry about the expectations.

yeah, that's how birthdays and anything that's supposed to be full of friends goes for me, too.

well, you're not alone!

I've pretty much ignored Christmas for the last 5 years or so. As usual now my house looks the same as it does all year round and I don't send cards or presents, and I don't receive them either. This year I am going back home to see my family in the holidays but made sure it was on Jan 2nd so I missed Christmas. The main reason I'm going at all is because my nan was ill in hospital a few weeks ago with pneumonia so when I went to see how she was in hospital I said I would visit again soon.

I think I just got tired with the same old crap every year - everyone pretending to like each other 'because it was christmas'. The whole depressing commercial aspect of it. Having to buy presents for people who you don't really even care about. It starting on November 15th. Spending a fortune just because you feel like you have to. Plus the number one reason, I'm an ethiest; why would I celebrate it anyway?

Only one thing left to say. Bah humbug. :p

I'm feeling pretty lonely at this time as well.
My boyfriend of 3 years has been away during every festive season and it's really hard.
Everybody feels sorry for me and invites me to all this xmas and new year functions.
I don't need their pity, i'd much rather be alone than have people feel obligated to having me around.
What gets me down the most is how all my neighbours are having late night braai's and parties when i'm stuck all alone.
I just want to be with the man i love for once.
Going to parties on my own just doesn't feel right...

Lisa said:
I'm feeling pretty lonely at this time as well.
My boyfriend of 3 years has been away during every festive season and it's really hard.
Everybody feels sorry for me and invites me to all this xmas and new year functions.
I don't need their pity, i'd much rather be alone than have people feel obligated to having me around.
What gets me down the most is how all my neighbours are having late night braai's and parties when i'm stuck all alone.
I just want to be with the man i love for once.
Going to parties on my own just doesn't feel right...

I understood all of what you posted. Pity is not a constructive thing of this I know. But ye. Parties like ppl have at this time of the year would feel a lot moor right with that splashily loved one by your side.

I Guss this is why I have been feeling moor lonely even at parties this year. In fact thinking about it I kinder feel less lonely seat here alone posting this to you then I have at all the family meals and parties Ive been to over the past few weeks.

(((Hugs))) :)

well...sometimes peace is better than chaos.
I used to get boredom confused with peace too.

I can't remember if i got arrested at 21 or not...probably:p

I know it's not easy making new friends.
When you get sick and tired of being lonely enough you'll reach out and do whatever it take to make new freinds.
I'm in that process now. Just kind of threw myself out there.
I got into that agoraphobia or socialphobia stuff.
Isolation made me feel that way or got that way....I think.lol

Being lonely and alone dosen't feel right either. So what the who ?
Asking a girl out totally didn't feel right...err Sleeping alone definitely
dosn't feel right at all....it's all wrong. :p

Do the hardest thing...when you feel your resistance...you'll know that's the way to go. CopyWrite by Rocket...lmao

All the festive seasons are the same but I guess that it is the approach towards the festive season that matters.

I just glad I could breathe every moment in life.

eh Christmas is so over-rated imo. What is Santa, his reinedeer and the whole north pole ethos? a Lie. A Big. Fat. Lie. Pushed by the large corporations so they can get out of the red and into the black for one part of the year.

However, i dont think spending time with family is over rated :) I like seeing everyone.

Latest posts

Back