Job eek

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futurecatlady

Reaction score
I am privately freaking out about trying to find a job. I am going to grad school for the sole reason that I was unsuccessful in finding a job after undergrad. I am afraid that is going to happen again, except that I have no more years in school to fall back on.

I have never had a single final round interview. I have no idea what they're like. If I can't even get through the first or second round, what chance do I have for the most difficult round? I don't consider myself to be dumber than average, and I'm good at what I do, so why is it so hard for me to find a job??

I hate that they ask brainteasers during the interview. I like to believe that I'm smart, but I just can't do brainteasers, especially under stress. I freeze up and can't think. I am a solver of REAL problems, not hypothetical situations with horses and balls and probability. Honestly, there's no real correlation between the two.

I also hate that so much of the candidate-selection process is about personality. I don't understand how being a charmer makes a person any more qualified to do this job. So what if I'm driven by a passion for the job rather than some drive to move up in the office hierarchy? Shouldn't that make me a better employee?

Sorry for the rant. I just panicked when I realized I have no idea what it feels like to be among the selected few of... well... anything and it's depressing and scary.

*hugs future cat lady*

ah man I can totally relate to that, job hunting ******* sucks, and it just makes you feel unwanted, it is really stupid

I've been trying for like 2 months to get a job here in IC all for naught I've had two other interviews at hy-vee but they just treat me like some common whore, asking me to come in impressed with my resume, then kick me out on the streats :(

the interview process is retarded and bogus. like most people who are lazy slack off and are just dicks get sweet jobbs all becuase they have some friend that works there :(

I would recommend snagajob.com (that's how I got my job at kfc) or monster.com

try volunteering, that always looks good on your resume

and I guess just keep at it,

I know you would be a great employee

remember we're all in this together and I'm pulling for ya

*hugs*

:)

Studied the honeysuckle out of brainteasers last night. Interview today. Interviewer said, "Um... you've heard these before, haven't you?" I had. The guy probably thinks I'm an idiot but godammit, I BEAT THE SYSTEM.

WOOT FOR BEATING THE SYSTEM!!!!

go cat lady

:D

that was brilliant idea to study the questions

I always hated looking for work.
Q:Why do you want to work here?
A:Because I need a **** job!

Q:What can you bring to this company?
A:Me. I promise I'll show up every day.

I know how intimidating it can all be.
What is your area of study? And there is school ahead....Doctorate!

Latest posts

Back