Jobs for 'our type'.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warphead

Reaction score

Just looking for advise from others like me concerning jobs. I've pretty well burnt my bridges with private security, don't want to do it anymore, and need to find something new with little or no 'people contact' in the Northern California area. Any suggestions?

An afterthought...
I don't want to go back to security; but IF a company would hire me for building security on Grave Shift only it would be tempting...tempting as hell. Little or no contact with other people; out of my family's hair. The 16 years I worked graves were miserable at the time; but look like heaven now:) But if I can find a similar situation working day time hours I'd take that!
warphead said:

Just looking for advise from others like me concerning jobs. I've pretty well burnt my bridges with private security, don't want to do it anymore, and need to find something new with little or no 'people contact' in the Northern California area. Any suggestions?

I recommend working as a night shift janitor. I work as one a few days a month for the local school district and it really fits the bill, and frankly isn't that bad.

Honestly; that sounds good! I didn't think about that and will look into it...Hmmm; franchise maybe, my own biz...Thanks for the advice!
Brian said:
I recommend working as a night shift janitor. I work as one a few days a month for the local school district and it really fits the bill, and frankly isn't that bad.

If you can, try to find a custodial spot in the public sector, actually. The full-timers at the school get great benefits: Medical/vision/some dental, paid vacation/sick leave/personal days, and a real actual retirement besides Social Security. It's the same retirement fund that police and firemen get.

You really can do worse.

Also, pro tip: Get an mp3 player if you're going to do this and you don't have one. Jamming out late at night unimpeded by contact with others almost makes it enjoyable :)

fresia that...man
WTF?? Being janitor???

In northern Cali?
Be a farmer....a pot farmer. It pays better :p

Lonesome Crow said:
fresia that...man
WTF?? Being janitor???

In northern Cali?

Well it's California, so it's not like there's a shortage of garbage and honeysuckle to clean up. Hell, just step outside and it's walking on two legs everywhere you look! :D

(OH HO HO BRIAN YOU'RE SO HILARIOUS WITH YOUR WIT)

It really isn't that bad. Take out trash, vacuum, dust mop hallways. Just a job. No different than being an EMT when you think about it. As an EMT you clean honeysuckle, blood, vomit and heaven knows what else out of your ambulance and off of yourself on a routine basis. As a Janitor, all you do is swab a couple toilets and take out some trash. And both have to work with the garbage of society. At least as a Janitor the trash doesn't spit on you, call you every name in the book, breathe in your face with their god **** alcohol/meth breath, or try to punch you.

Seriously. No difference. The pay's even similar.

Latest posts

Back