Just a quick word...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootch

Reaction score
Hello all

Just a little something, just to say....

Since I first joined a few years ago, I have never felt so accepted, so understood, and so human as I have felt since I first started posting here. I love the varied and interesting threads I read here and the depth of discussion, everyone is so open and non-judgemental, it makes one feel so safe to post here. I really look forward to logging into the chat room every evening and catching up with my friends.

Thank you to all the people who have PM'd me and to those who have replied to my Pms. Looking forward to your messages means so much to me. I hope that I will continue to post here for many years to come and I look forward to welcoming new people to the forum.

Em

I've only been here a week or so and I echo your sentiments. In fact you yourself helped me feel at home here Scootch, so thank you to you too :)

I've tried to be a part of many internet communities and this is the first place that I've found where it is generally ok to be open about how you are really feeling. Most of the time you cannot talk about reality because it disturbes people from lodging their head as deeply in the sand.

Yes I completely agree. I hope to stay here, it's nice to get away online and find like minded people who won't judge.

Sigh. I spoke too soon. Even on a message board for lonely people there always mean people in every group.

exasperated said:
Sigh. I spoke too soon. Even on a message board for lonely people there always mean people in every group.

I haven't seen the posts you are referring to but just like in real life there's no need for anyone to be mean to you. If they are being deliberately nasty then report them to a moderator.

My first thread attracted a bit of ridicule and someone (now banned) kept advising me to seek religion (the fact that the thread was about imaginary friends was probably the most ironic thing I've ever encountered!) The point being I stuck with it and before long I'd received a lot of support and encouragement. There are a lot of good, decent and honest people here who would love to give you support.

h3donist said:
exasperated said:

I haven't seen the posts you are referring to but just like in real life there's no need for anyone to be mean to you. If they are being deliberately nasty then report them to a moderator.

My first thread attracted a bit of ridicule and someone (now banned) kept advising me to seek religion (the fact that the thread was about imaginary friends was probably the most ironic thing I've ever encountered!) The point being I stuck with it and before long I'd received a lot of support and encouragement. There are a lot of good, decent and honest people here who would love to give you support.

I saw that. That was bad. I am sorry you had to read that. Anyway, this place is good but I don't know if it is for me. It was nice while it lasted. Thanks to all!

exasperated said:

Sorry you had to deal with that. Unfortunately there are a few like that here, but the vast majority of us are decent folk. Don't get too discouraged by it.

Religion?!

h3donist said:
exasperated said:

Yes, I admitted that at times when I was really lonely I had an imaginary friend who would sit with me at work or lie in bed with me (although since joining the site and getting involved with the board and chat room I seem to be past that now)...I expected a bit of "okaaayy.." weirdo!" but he replied saying it was actually damaging and I should speak to a Pastor. Then other people weighed in with their opinions and he started talking about Jesus as if he were real and eventually he got banned. Since then I've thought of loads of ways I could have dealt with his comments like "oh dear, my Ironyometer has exploded!" but alas I shall have to pretend I said them ;)

h3donist said:
Yes, I admitted that at times when I was really lonely I had an imaginary friend who would sit with me at work or lie in bed with me

Maybe I should try the imaginary friend concept. Hmm.

Edit: as for Scootch, yeah there will be a few people that drive you up the wall or rub you the wrong way but you really got to just ignore them best you can and find the content which interests you. If you get too wrapped up in the forum I've found it grates me a lot, so, sometimes breaks are good or finding something else to occupy yourself. Patience is a must, and forebearance as well.

I can't thank Scootch enough either. I have never felt more welcome and met such a beautiful soul in one so young.
Life isn't perfect, hence the reason for this site, it's just a shame we have to wait until the bigots and opinionated have to expose themselves before they can deal with them.
Hopefully I will be able to share my story, offer my advice and become a great contributor to this site. Alas my self esteem needs some help. Along with my confidence.

I had hope, but my experience here has been...exasperating. Maybe this isn't the right kind of place to find people like me. Unfortunately this place has just made me feel lonelier.

I can say that even I'm just rather new here as well I already talked to good people who know what they're talking about. Yes, it already helped me as well, kinda. In recent years I made the experience that the "tone" on so many forums (no matter what they are about) became so incredibly rude, harsh and aggressive that I withdrew from each and every forum I've ever been, even the music forums. And well, just take a look at YouTube and the kind of how people "talk" to each other there. As being someone who has a hurt soul from so many things, we are probably even more sensitive to rude and people with no sense of empathy. Even harder is it to open up in the first place anyway. Once you opened up it makes you vulnerable even more. I think we all know this. So, yes, this is for me as well the first forums in quite a few years that seems to be really okay and most people I have seen posting so seem to be good people, as far as I can tell from here. This is something positive and encouraging. ;) Thanks for making this community to what it is.

Latest posts

Back