Just got asked out on a date? Oo

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primero

Reaction score
Hello.
I haven't really posted much on this forum, but I frequent it several times daily.

Anyways, the point is this: on this regular, seemingly uneventful day, I got a call from one of my friends at University telling me that her friend wants to go out on a date with me? *Shock* I only met the woman in question briefly at a birthday party in the weekend that just passed. Ofcourse I said yes; she seemed like a nice and intelligent person back then.

I have never been asked out before, nor have I ever asked anyone else out. I'm flabbergasted by it all.

Anyone got any tips on how I should act? I get really nervous when I run out of a good subject to talk about, thus my mouth leaks(mostly stupid things that I regret the second they leave my control). She already knows I'm a bit of a nerd(I told her at the party :p).

What am I, the one who got asked out, supposed to do?

hey buddy. congratulations!

well first things first. you already accepted her invitation, so show up. don't chicken out and cancel because that will look really bad. do you know where you'll be going or what you'll be doing on your date?

typically people go out for dinner and a movie, and that's fine, but depending on what your and her interests are, you might want to schedule something that will be fun for the both of you.

as for not being nervous, that's all in your hands... or should i say, it's all in your head. try not to think about what could go wrong (for example, all the "mouth leaks" you might have) and focus on how you want things to go down. just relax. imagine in your head how you want everything to go down, from the second you ring on her door bell, to the second you're dropping her off at her front door and preparing for a good-night kiss. believe it or not, but doing so will REALLY boost your confidence come time for your date.

i've never been asked out by a girl either, but for me, that's a major plus because if a woman has enough interest in a man to ask him out, then that tells me she's a go-getter and must really like you.

i wish you the best on your date, bro.

Well, I guess I could drum up some offerings of wisdom... :p

Mostly, just be yourself, Primero.

She's going to be able to tell if you're trying to be cool or act nonchalant or whatever... so just be as normal as you can. In fact, don't even VIEW this as a date. It's just an "outing" with someone interesting. If you look at it that way, you're more likely to be yourself, because usually when we label something as a "date," we automatically, subconsciously start making things into a bigger deal than they really are.

And don't worry about being nervous. Women like it when guys are nervous around them, because women like to see that they are having an effect on the men they're around. It's just natural. :) So don't worry about running your mouth or stuttering a bit or being silly.

Just have fun! :)

Go in with no expectations and no withholding yourself, and you'll do fine. ^_^ Good luck!

You're walking into a trap! Activate your emergency rescue beacon and pray that the ALL search and rescue team finds you before it's too late!

Thanks for rubbing it in my face, jerk...

I'm joking, I'm happy for you. Treading the thin line between admiration and envy, in fact

Dude, you're a rock star, if she asked you out, she'll be more nervous than you, so play it cool:cool:

Not gonna lie, kinda jealous of you:p, I've never been asked out

A movie is always nice or a play if there are any nice theatres near you. Because it will take the pressure to talk the whole time off your shoulders. Going out after the movie/play will allow you to talk about what you watched creating an easy conversation starter. Good luck and congrats.

I bet some of the guys here are pretty jealous. Some of them were really funny.
Congratulations and Goooood Luck!!!! :)

No fair! Being asked out on a date by a woman is rare! :p

Good luck on your date. :)

Primero said:
Hello.
I haven't really posted much on this forum, but I frequent it several times daily.

Anyways, the point is this: on this regular, seemingly uneventful day, I got a call from one of my friends at University telling me that her friend wants to go out on a date with me? *Shock* I only met the woman in question briefly at a birthday party in the weekend that just passed. Ofcourse I said yes; she seemed like a nice and intelligent person back then.

I have never been asked out before, nor have I ever asked anyone else out. I'm flabbergasted by it all.

Anyone got any tips on how I should act? I get really nervous when I run out of a good subject to talk about, thus my mouth leaks(mostly stupid things that I regret the second they leave my control). She already knows I'm a bit of a nerd(I told her at the party :p).

What am I, the one who got asked out, supposed to do?

Yup, Congrats. Even if the date or dates end up in dead end, it still is progress. Life always have its surprises in most unexpected moments, really odd.

Badjedidude said:
In fact, don't even VIEW this as a date. It's just an "outing" with someone interesting. If you look at it that way, you're more likely to be yourself, because usually when we label something as a "date," we automatically, subconsciously start making things into a bigger deal than they really are.

I second that strongly. Also, don't seem too eager.

15s1sqjpg.gif

:D

Good for you man.
I am very happy for you.

I'm proud of myself.
I feel all glow-wormish.
Still mad jealous though :cool:

Latest posts

Back