Just kind of ended up here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yai

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Not exactly sure what to put here. I've been down for awhile now. Tonight, for some reason, I figured I'd google "how to cheer myself up" (lame, I know) and I ran across this place. It seems like it would be comforting to post here, so I registered.

I've had a lot on my mind recently.. just about myself as a person, my experiences, what I'm doing with my life, and the people who are part of it. I'm a college student, I'm 19 years ago, and I enjoy watching foreign films and video editing. I have "friends", but I don't go out at all or hang out with them often.

I'm in a not so good relationship with a not so good attachment to it, but I love my SO of almost 3 years now and I'm willing to work through the issues. I'm overly sensitive, I think I'm in denial about a lot of things, and I'm the type of person that is always eating dinner in their dorm room alone in front of their computer every night.

I guess I just joined to talk. About something.. anything, really. I just want to talk to people, make some sort of a connection with someone (which I feel I'm incapable of doing almost), maybe make a friend, and maybe find some things out about myself in the process. I don't know, I suppose I just have a lot of soul searching to do.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

Hello.

What are some of your favorite foreign films? I'm always on the lookout for some decent recommendations.

Welcome Yai.

You are probably very lucky to have that SO in your life. You may think that a perfect copy of yourself would be ideal for love, but the exact opposite can also be true. The less in common the more you get to explore about each other. Ultimately it comes down to are you growing together or growing apart? We all change and grow...

Unacceptance said:
Hello.

What are some of your favorite foreign films? I'm always on the lookout for some decent recommendations.

I'll bring out my list and highlight a few great recommendations later when I have time, but for now I'll just reply real quick.

I enjoy a lot films by Park Chan-Wook (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Joint Security Area, I'm a Cyborg but That's Okay, etc), Kim Ki-Duk (3-Iron, Time, Breath, Beautiful, etc), Lee Chang-dong (Peppermint Candy, Secret Sunshine) and Won Kar-Wai (In the Mood for Love, 2046, The Days of Being Wild, Chungking Express, Fallen Angels, etc).

There are tons more, but I'll edit the post with the list later.

Unacceptance said:
Hello.

whoa, 'decent'! that's new unacceptance!...lol!...

----'i think i just miss your skepticsms...'----

callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:
Hello.

Well who in their right mind would want an un-recommendation? Unless you're looking for the worst B Movie ever or something, I wouldn't be asking for the shittiest of something and then go try to enjoy it.

Unacceptance said:
callista_05 said:
Unacceptance said:
Hello.

Well who in their right mind would want an un-recommendation? Unless you're looking for the worst B Movie ever or something, I wouldn't be asking for the shittiest of something and then go try to enjoy it.

lol! that is what i was talking about!...

you're really making a trademark out of those cynicism!! ;p

your comments are 'patent'....lol!

anyways, have a nice day/night unacceptance!... ;p

Wong Kar Wai fan here....! XD.... too bad his movies are not really that appealing as before. But anywayz i still like him.

Wong Kar Wai fan here....! XD.... too bad his movies are not really that appealing as before. But anywayz i still like him.

Oh honeysuckle, I'm a fan too :p

My favorite movie is probably Ashes of time (I broke my disc of this movie though >_<), 2046 and happy together, though I think some of his movies are very much identical XD

hey yai, welcome to the forum

lol i know what you mean, i was just eating a taco in front of the moniter a few minutes ago

it was quite good though

:)

I enjoy a lot films by Park Chan-Wook (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Joint Security Area, I'm a Cyborg but That's Okay, etc), Kim Ki-Duk (3-Iron, Time, Breath, Beautiful, etc), Lee Chang-dong (Peppermint Candy, Secret Sunshine) and Won Kar-Wai (In the Mood for Love, 2046, The Days of Being Wild, Chungking Express, Fallen Angels, etc).

Loooove your movie list. Seen them all except the the last 3 or 4! Just watched Kim Ki-Duk's 'Beautiful' a few weeks back, but my fav of his is definitely 3 Iron =] And Welcome!

Latest posts

Back