Just One of Those Days

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insomnian

Reaction score
I remember about two years ago, I'd bump into someone in the hall, and see it as an opportunity. I'd buzz about how I should pay more attention, and if the associated parties were free of injury. I remember being energetic and reactive to people. But, somewhere, somehow, that attitude just started to slip. When you'd jump out of bed in the morning rushing to see people who cared about you. Who you cared about.

I was always the socially awlkward part of a group, yet regardless, I was in fact part of a group. But for some reason, some inexplicable variable threw all of that into the trash. It started slow. A bump in the hall resulting in few short words exchanged after a couple of months. Then it became less still. The enthusiasm was seemingly sapped out of every day social interactions as they became all the more rare.

Less and less people contacted me. Less and less was the effort I made to contact them. I got angry. Confused. I got involved in a poisonous relationship. I alienated people further. I, in turn, was alienated further. I don't know what happened. For a while I was angry. I blamed my mother, I blamed my girlfriend, hell, by the end of if I blamed myself. I especially enjoyed blaming my girlfriend, though I didn't realize she was going through an even more difficult time than I was.

I was so headstrong and worked up about the unfairness of the world I failed to be fair to those in my own life. I didn't take time to observe my own shortcomings, for fear of finding any at all that I could not justify or brush the blame off. I stopped doing school work entirely. I failed two graded out of either the subconscious effort to recognize I was not ready to move on, or out of degenerate self loathing.

Emotion ally I've recovered, but I still suffer the fallout silently. With pride I must say! Clear movements toward a prospective future. Calm and cool, instead of angry and seething. Ready for college education! But, still hollow. Still apathetic to my peers. To people. Now people see me as somewhat respectful. But what's the toll I pay every time I bump into someone in the hall, a mumble a quiet apology? Every time a conversation is cut short by poor, unimaginative answers? More than what its worth. Sure I'm secure in my future, but, I still feel as lonely as I did back then.

I've never told anyone that, A Lonely Life. That's the first time I've been able to say what's on my mind in a long time. Thank you for listening.

Insomnian said:
I remember about two years ago, I'd bump into someone in the hall, and see it as an opportunity. I'd buzz about how I should pay more attention, and if the associated parties were free of injury. I remember being energetic and reactive to people. But, somewhere, somehow, that attitude just started to slip. When you'd jump out of bed in the morning rushing to see people who cared about you. Who you cared about.

I was always the socially awlkward part of a group, yet regardless, I was in fact part of a group. But for some reason, some inexplicable variable threw all of that into the trash. It started slow. A bump in the hall resulting in few short words exchanged after a couple of months. Then it became less still. The enthusiasm was seemingly sapped out of every day social interactions as they became all the more rare.

Less and less people contacted me. Less and less was the effort I made to contact them. I got angry. Confused. I got involved in a poisonous relationship. I alienated people further. I, in turn, was alienated further. I don't know what happened. For a while I was angry. I blamed my mother, I blamed my girlfriend, hell, by the end of if I blamed myself. I especially enjoyed blaming my girlfriend, though I didn't realize she was going through an even more difficult time than I was.

I was so headstrong and worked up about the unfairness of the world I failed to be fair to those in my own life. I didn't take time to observe my own shortcomings, for fear of finding any at all that I could not justify or brush the blame off. I stopped doing school work entirely. I failed two graded out of either the subconscious effort to recognize I was not ready to move on, or out of degenerate self loathing.

Emotion ally I've recovered, but I still suffer the fallout silently. With pride I must say! Clear movements toward a prospective future. Calm and cool, instead of angry and seething. Ready for college education! But, still hollow. Still apathetic to my peers. To people. Now people see me as somewhat respectful. But what's the toll I pay every time I bump into someone in the hall, a mumble a quiet apology? Every time a conversation is cut short by poor, unimaginative answers? More than what its worth. Sure I'm secure in my future, but, I still feel as lonely as I did back then.

I've never told anyone that, A Lonely Life. That's the first time I've been able to say what's on my mind in a long time. Thank you for listening.

This kind of reminds me of me when i was younger. I used to be that carefree and talkative person when i was starting elementary school, but then the bullying and teasing started when i was around 7 years old so that has left some huge emotional scars on me. (currently i'm 18 and in business college, still get the chirping at school, don't know what's so annoying about me)

Anyways, I really can relate to your story and you seem to have a more positive attitude now so I'm sure you'll work out your problems eventually. :)

Great read man... I kinda know how you feel, I'm doing alright socially, however step by step I am distancing myself from social relations atm... I skip school a lot, All of sudden I'm absent more than 50% of all classes, which has left an impact on my social situation. Lots of people say hi and strike up a conversation when I do show up though, which makes me wonder why I even skip school as much as I do, however it has been months since I've done something social with a larger group of people except maybe gaming a bit at an old friends' place and working out at the gym.

It seems like you are at the right track though, in opposition to me, and with a bit of support I'm sure you'll be able to turn into that social being you once were. Best of luck :p.

Latest posts

Back