Just Plain Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellopanda

Reaction score
Well hello there.

I'll be the first to admit I've never had any serious trauma in my life that made me the way I am today. I was simply born with an inclination towards the antisocial. Perhaps I am a misanthropist, but I tend to not like a lot of the people I meet. After years of being a loner, I was able to make some surface friends in the later years of high school, but after going off to college have lost the shallow connection I had with them. The worst thing is that I don't even feel particularly sad about it.

Were most people just born with a natural instinct and knack for socializing with others and integrating? I don't always feel like I'm missing out, as socializing often seems rather pointless to me. However sometimes when I hear about all the fun other people have or realize that I'm always alone with no one to talk to so often, it feels frightening. It's in those moments that I feel the enormity of my loneliness and isolation.

I'm not going to categorize myself as suicidal or depressed. Most people would say that I'm a very nice person, but that would be it. I think it's because they realize that beneath my 'nice' exterior there's a gaping hole where a person should be.

Does anyone else ever feel so utterly empty?

ur not alone i feel that way alot. its the worst when i realize just how long its been sense iv inteacted with another person and then i think when the last time was and how akward it was and it just makes me feel even more empty inside

I'm familiar with losing a lot after high school. I had a good group of friends back then, even a girlfriend who I'd been with throughout grade twelve. Since then I've lost almost everything. Haven't been romantically involved since then, and have gained maybe two friends since then (I've since stopped talking to them too). I still keep in touch with friends from high school, even though I never see them and it's already been three years.

I get most depressed when I notice they're lives have continued since leaving high school. I notice that they have moved on and may even be annoyed at my constant attempts at rekindling a friendship. Nowadays the effort from them isn't really there and I may end up losing them as well.

I am by no means suicidal but it does start to depress you. I've never caused myself bodily harm but I have found other not-so-good ways of dealing with things. As a result of that I'm even starting to feel alienated from my family.

I don't really have much left so... I definitely know how you feel.

How long have you been in college now?

Do you really believe that or are you analyzing too much? If so if you have a gift that works for you good but if its causing you to think about it you have to wonder is it really worth being lonely over.

hellopanda said:
Well hello there.

I'll be the first to admit I've never had any serious trauma in my life that made me the way I am today. I was simply born with an inclination towards the antisocial. Perhaps I am a misanthropist, but I tend to not like a lot of the people I meet. After years of being a loner, I was able to make some surface friends in the later years of high school, but after going off to college have lost the shallow connection I had with them. The worst thing is that I don't even feel particularly sad about it.

Were most people just born with a natural instinct and knack for socializing with others and integrating? I don't always feel like I'm missing out, as socializing often seems rather pointless to me. However sometimes when I hear about all the fun other people have or realize that I'm always alone with no one to talk to so often, it feels frightening. It's in those moments that I feel the enormity of my loneliness and isolation.

I'm not going to categorize myself as suicidal or depressed. Most people would say that I'm a very nice person, but that would be it. I think it's because they realize that beneath my 'nice' exterior there's a gaping hole where a person should be.

Does anyone else ever feel so utterly empty?

I feel more of empty towards the fact that I have mostly nothing to converse with most people and the stupid loneliness comes in and I would become empty.

Anyway,that is your personality.Some personality can have lesser friends than others but my advice is,to mix around around friends with the same interest.

Sometimes I feel so lonely and empty and worthless that it feels like my head is going to explode. It gets quite unbearable. Especially on weekends. Like now.

You know I often times wonder if people are just being nice when they tell me I am a great guy. I wonder if they can see the loneliness in my heart, and they want to assure me that they approve of me. Yet they secretly laugh at me because I am such a loser. Just like my co-worker who wants to marry me because I fall into her policy of people who do not share the name of someone in her family or extended family.

I guess I would like to believe that I am as nice as people say I am... so I will. It makes me feel like I am worth something. If you cannot allow yourself to see the sincerity of others... then it might as well not be there.

Latest posts

Back