Just saw something that flooded me with emotions.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomhero1984

Reaction score
Hi,

So a while back (2006) I was playing a show with my band. Having just come out of a really bad longggg relationship I wasn't in any way interested in women. Life's funny like that, cause that night was the 3rd night I was spending with this girl I met. She wasn't like anyone I'd met before, we were instantly best friends and drawn like magnets. We did the stupid and ended up moving in almost within days. Funny thing is, we managed to work out way up to being very successful, happy, heck we never spent a day apart and I got her a job at my office so we were always together.

I never loved anyone like that ever, I still do, we had the best time of my life. We had an amazing child, but unfortunately things ended in such a messed up way I couldn't explain the whole thing without a novel.

It's been 5 years since we split, she remarried fast.... I have to say this very clearly, we were madly in love and happy as ever the very night before she just vanished. The next thing I new the love of my life and best friend in the entire world just refused to speak to me, brought me down so low I can't believe it was the same person. Lied in court to absolutely offensive levels to try and completely disappear with our son..... I can't explain the agony and confusion, the anger and despair........

Its been long enough we're civil, I know in my heart it would never be the same, but those years will forever be the most amazing years of my life. I love her enough that if she's happy I'm happy for her despite the fact I miss her and still think about her every single day.

Cutting things short, I get moments of really hurting and missing our family, but they are far enough between now that it's life. However I accidentally clicked on her facebook (She changed her name to something "funny"), and noticed the only pictures available were some recent her and our son pictures, obviously her wedding pictures, some old ones I know she loved of her high school friends and then these 2 albums, one called "my name, her and our family", the other "miss you". I had most of these but it was shocking to see them there....

Then there was this one picture, I'd never seen it, it's my, eyes closes and her eyes closed and I'm kissing her heard very lovingly and she's smiling so special.... I realize that it shouldnt have bothered me but you know I have to say I wish I could just know if there's even a part of her that ever misses me or remembers that love.

I absolutely accept what happened and know its done for good, regardless it will unfortunately and fortunately always be the time I was happiest. Nothing could ever replace that feeling.

I miss her so fu****ng much sometimes, but I'm not her master. I just had to say that, again, there's nobody I could tell this too..

A lot of people will have lots of different opinions about this. But, from my experience once something is broken in a relationship and you two end it in a bad way it will never be the same as it use to be. This is from experience but as soon as you get back together all will be perfect at first. Then suddenly one day a fight will break out or there will be a argument and trust me the first thin you will say to yourself is "why did I get back together?" It's like a open wound that never heals and as much as you cover it up and deny it being there it will always be revealed one day or another. It's obvious you have not got over her and she may or may have not either. Since the storm is calm my suggestion would be to leave all as it is and walk away. Walk away just remembering the good and not the bad. Such cliche thing to say but time heals everything. There will be a time where you will look back and be thankful that you didn't make the same mistake twice in your new life.

Latest posts

Back