Keep Fighting

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueforge88

Reaction score
Sometimes its easy for me to be alone or go places on my own. I enjoy hiking in the hills behind my town or going to the beach. I dont mind being alone but, there are days I wish it wasen't always like that. I'd love to go hiking with someone special or go out to a bar with a group of friends but, my reality is much different from how I like it to be. No, being alone is not an issue for me, its the longing.

That feeling I get when, I reach out for someone and their not there. Its the long distance between me and my closest friends living in different cities and states. Its that dark envy I get, when I listen to my associates boast about their relationships. Its the pity, I get from those who tell me "I'll meet someone someday" and it never happens for me. Its the need or want of intimacy with someone special. It's all I can do to keep from despairing.

My reality is much different from my dreams. I've accomplished so much on my own in the past four years than, I've ever done in my life. I did it on my own, all my hard work coming to fruition. Although, I spend much of my time alone,its best for me to wait for the right people to enter my life and weed out the wrong one. I believe you only get three special people in your life: The one you love, The one who loves you, and the one you love and loves you back. Two of these people have already taught me what it means to love and I patiently await the third. I accept my future in earnest. A life of Solitude or A Family of my own. Whatever comes, Im ready for it.

Good for you, it is always a good feeling when you accomplish something on your own.

I don't know how you do it, going out alone to places. I can't do that, I don't like going out by myself. I had to go to the movies by myself recently, because all my friends and family suck and no one wanted a free pass, but I was meeting coworkers there so I wasn't totally by myself. There was a guy who sat in the row ahead of us who was by himself and I couldn't help but think, how does he do it. How can people do that?

I have to go to places by myself. It's either that or stay in and do nothing.
I spent years and years doing nothing. No holidays, never saw the coast for 20 years. Never did anything.
And it slowly dawned on me that I had to go by myself if I wanted to go places.

Cinema is tricky especially on a evening. I could never go for a meal in a restaurant by myself though.
I have gotten used to it. At least in the countryside people are more likely to say 'morning' or 'hello'

I have generally found that I, too, have had to do a lot more on my own than I would have wanted to, but as with TB above, the alternative would have been to stay in and do nothing. I have been to films alone, been abroad alone back in my twenties, been to pop concerts alone back in my teens etc but always with this deep wish in my heart that there was someone to share these things with.

Sci Fi, Im not sure how, I do it but, alot of it has to do with, I never have anyone to go places with. Its hard because,
I dont have a group of friends where I live currently. Most of the people, I met in school where just associates. I have tried initiating hangouts but, most of the time my classmates are busy working or are comfortable hanging with their own friends circle. So, similar to Triple Bogey and Tiina, If i want to experience something then I have to do it alone.

Blueforge88 said:
Sometimes its easy for me to be alone or go places on my own. I enjoy hiking in the hills behind my town or going to the beach. I dont mind being alone but, there are days I wish it wasen't always like that. I'd love to go hiking with someone special or go out to a bar with a group of friends but, my reality is much different from how I like it to be. No, being alone is not an issue for me, its the longing.

Sci-Fi said:
Good for you, it is always a good feeling when you accomplish something on your own.

I don't know how you do it, going out alone to places. I can't do that, I don't like going out by myself. I had to go to the movies by myself recently, because all my friends and family suck and no one wanted a free pass, but I was meeting coworkers there so I wasn't totally by myself. There was a guy who sat in the row ahead of us who was by himself and I couldn't help but think, how does he do it. How can people do that?

Sci-fi- sometimes even when you have friends, don't you find it easier to be alone? Solitude can be a lot more appealing than company quite often. I've gone to the cinema and to restaurants and other places many times on my own. Is it because others might judge you for being by yourself that you wouldn't be comfortable with it? You shouldn't care what other people might think. If I wanted to hang out with my friends, I'd call them up or go out with them when they called me. Otherwise I'm perfectly fine doing things alone and not requiring anyone to be with me when I go out in public, whether it's for necessities or for entertainment. I'm comfortable being my own company. You can be lonely even while with a group of people, and similarly you can be perfectly content while completely alone. It's multifactorial. Personality, preferences and circumstances all have a lot to do with it. But blueforge is right about the occasional wistfulness, usually for a partner to share experiences with. You don't need many someones to be happy. Just the one would be enough.

Latest posts

Back