Last night...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grundel70

Reaction score
Last night I was in pretty bad shape emotionally. I am not sure why...there really wasn't a catalyst that ignited this feeling...it just happened.

I felt this wave of stress and anxiety come over me. It was very disturbing...kinda like you are waiting for an answer to a very important question...and the answer will be either very good or very bad...but you just don't know.

However the feeling would not go away. I was so worried...nothing I did could resolve this. I have not eaten anything since it started, and have no desire to. (not good if you are a diabetic)

It was all I could do to force myself to eat a cracker this morning...

IT then morphed into something else. It morphed into a profound, almost overbearing, feeling of loneliness. I never felt more isolated, alone, and meaningless in my entire life.

Normally when I get this way I fire up my PC and write. I try to tap into this energy and use it to create...and usually by creating it helps this 'bad stuff' inside of me simply disapate...but last night nothing came. I sat in front of my blank monitor staring...

I longed for social contact. I wanted so bad for someone to tell me it would be ok...a real voice...not a chat message or an email. I wanted someone to hug me and whisper in my ear that I am thought of and cared for.

It was pretty bad. In fact I still feel like that. I sit here at work, smiling and joking with everyone. But something is missing inside. I don't knwo where it is...hell Idon't even know WHAT it is that is missing?

Is it my heart? My soul? My Passion? My cell phone?

It is hard to fill this void if I don't even know what I need to fill it with. I suppose a hug would be a good start...now only if I could find real arms and a real person to do it...

I try to be positive. I try to offer alot of constructive advice to everyone. I try to be helpful. But let this be a lesson to all...everybody has a time where they have to go through this. No one is immune to sadness, loneliness, and despair.

Now I have a choice. How will I deal with this? I can choose to crawl up into a ball and hide in my shell...a place i found so much comfort in before. A place I know that no one will judge me, no one will say bad things about me. However, it is also a place that no one can find me, and no one can love me...

I am not going to go back there. That place...that safe warm place...is no different than a prison. I know that my heart was never meant to be contained in such a place, and I know that I will never know happiness there.

I hope I can find my way through this. I hope I can find what I lost...that missing peice.

dearest..... it IS a prison... don't do it again...
i've done this living inside walls for soooooo long.... it's a huge mistake....!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

talk to me when you can....

i'll wait.

<3<3<3<3<3

shade

Well, I can't really give you a hug, but I would if I could. *hugs* Sometimes, I feel like that and I can't really breathe, and my heart starts to hurt, so I try to stop myself before that happens. I just think of all the exciting things I'll be able to accomplish soon, and it makes me feel better to know there's something more for me later on.

I wish I could offer you a real hug.. All I can say is that my heart goes out to you and to the best of my ability I will try to make you see that you are not alone!

For what it's worth, lots of hugs!

I am sorry you are feeling so down. :(

Sometimes, when you get down, it may not be your fault.

Well, i started to feel worse. Physically. My right leg started to hurt pretty bad and became tingly...along with my right arm. I tried to wait it out...but nothing I did seemed to reslove this problem.

A good and wonderful person on these forums talked me into going to the hospital.

Well, there I stayed as they did a battery of tests on me. Cat scans, bloodwork, etc.. Their initial fear was that I was in teh beginning throws of a stroke. It turns out that was not the case. After being there for longer than I cared, they determined it was caused by pressure being put on a nerve from a back injury I suffered a couple of months ago. I am now home and feeling alot better.

Why am I posting this here?

Well, it turns out the muscle relaxer I was taking, Skelaxin, can cause the sudden onset of anxiety and panic attacks. That anxiety, that worry, that started this whole down hill turn for me, resulted a couple nights ago. I remember that night, my back was extra sore. This medicine I take on a 'as needed' basis. So I took more that night than directed, hoping it would help. The extra dose started the attack...and everything went right after it.

I feel like my old self again. The meds are out of my system.

I was not missing anything! I just felt bad as a result of the medicine! It just triggered some of these other feelings on a stronger scale.

I jsut wanted to post this. It may not help anyone here, and my problem is probably very unique to me, but still. Sometimes depression, anxiety, etc, can be caused by lack of friends, by life choices, by those you love, and yes...it can be caused by physical/chemical triggers to.

Thaks to everyone that pm'd me and posted their support. I love you guys!!!

Grundel, that's a panic attack. You should look it up and see what You can do about it!

Thanks for letting us know what's up, Grundel!

It's very appreciated! :)

Hugs!

To cure loneliness,get good friends and maintain them.I am really glad that I met a few people in my life that I really become close to and all of them are introverts.I just cannot keep up the activities of extroverts I guess but extroverts are great people to be with.

I met some individuals who also faced loneliness and it is really great that we became close friends and we have the mutual understanding between each other.I realised that there were no special formula for relationship but there must be a willingness between two persons to maintian the relationships.

I never was a good communicator and one good evidence of this is that I am speechless in groups.It was that willingness that provides the communication like what to talk and how to talk.The willingness also provides the commitment to make the relationships work out for both of us.

Latest posts

Back