Learning something new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Awesome creations. That takes hand-eye coordination to a whole new level.

Apparently getting struck by lightning can leave you with some pretty cool scars.

funny-tattoos-getting-struck-by-lightning-natures-way-of-giving-you-a-tattoo.jpg

lt2.png

It's as bad as that 'new' tattoo technique where they cut the shape into your skin so it'll scar the pattern, then if that's not enough they then go on to tattoo the scars for 'effect', crazy.

Favim.com-3239.jpg

20090416-scar-1.jpg

To me they just look hideous.

They were actually a couple of the nicer ones, most are horrible.

^ I think the stomach one is quite pretty, looks a bit like lace. Still probably not something to reccomend.

The lightning scars are amazing though.

Jack Long's Liquid Flowers: http://hypemuch.com/2012/07/31/photography-high-speed-liquid-flowers-by-jack-long/

"Using a combination of high speed photography and precise paint splashes, artist Jack Long creates liquid flowers, which are basically paint that has splashed in such a way and captured at the right moment that it looks like a flower. Even more impressively, a lot of the pieces depict flowers in vases, rather than just the flower itself."

Solivagant said:
Jack Long's Liquid Flowers: http://hypemuch.com/2012/07/31/photography-high-speed-liquid-flowers-by-jack-long/

"Using a combination of high speed photography and precise paint splashes, artist Jack Long creates liquid flowers, which are basically paint that has splashed in such a way and captured at the right moment that it looks like a flower. Even more impressively, a lot of the pieces depict flowers in vases, rather than just the flower itself."

Wow.. that's amazing.

Interesting!

"You already know emotions are connected to a wide range of physiological changes — like blushing, sweaty palms, and a racing heart — but now researchers have created a map of where and how we feel these emotions. By showing participants materials that evoked strong emotional responses, researchers were able to map each emotion’s unique pattern of sensation. What’s more, these emotional patterns were consistent across all nationalities. So no matter where you live, happiness (the only emotion that you feel throughout your entire body) feels the same."

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d...as-reveals-where-we-feel-happiness-and-shame/

13-21664-large.jpg

"One morning while reading a newspaper, Jarbas Agnelli saw a photograph of birds on an electric wire. He cut out the photo and was inspired to make a song using the exact location of the birds as musical notes. He was curious to hear what melody the birds created.

He sent the music to the photographer, Paulo Pinto, who told his editor, who told a reporter and the story ended up as an interview in the newspaper. It ended up Winner of the YouTube Play Guggenheim Biennial Festival."

[video=youtube]

I may have to check this out sometime...

"The World's Quietest Room Breeds Insanity": http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/news/the-sound-of-silence-a.html

[align=center]
1782111_674456769263557_1493983854_n.jpg

Solivagant said:
"One morning while reading a newspaper, Jarbas Agnelli saw a photograph of birds on an electric wire. He cut out the photo and was inspired to make a song using the exact location of the birds as musical notes. He was curious to hear what melody the birds created.

He sent the music to the photographer, Paulo Pinto, who told his editor, who told a reporter and the story ended up as an interview in the newspaper. It ended up Winner of the YouTube Play Guggenheim Biennial Festival."

[video=youtube]

I may have to check this out sometime...

"The World's Quietest Room Breeds Insanity": http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/news/the-sound-of-silence-a.html

[align=center]
1782111_674456769263557_1493983854_n.jpg

OMG- that kind of quiet sounds heavenly.

Today, I learned not to care about being, "Correct," being perfect in making music, or only using the instruments I make from scratch.

If you try to follow any strict rules with harmonics or try to get an exact sound in a DAW,
it's very rare that you will get something you're happy with.

If you know how to make a chord, and you're comfortable enough with your program to edit a few things, just grab some acceptable synth presets, write some simple music, and alter it after you play what you like. Also, don't judge an instrument until you write with it.

Just a tip - don't write too complex of music in one instrument until you've got several instruments doing something simple, or you might back yourself into a corner. Basically, plan it out before you detail it. Unless you just want one instrument, which is fine, but this can still help.

I only just learned that Feeder sang a cover of Power of Love in 2004, hmm....

Latest posts

Back