Leaving the house alone...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only ever go out walking at night, because there are less people around. Unfortunately people love honking their car horns when it is late for some reason which makes me feel really self-conscious.

I guess it is more the behavior of other people that can make people nervous I guess.

I'm not scared of leaving the house. It is just that I don't really see a reason to half of the time. I don't like going out on my own anyway because it makes me feel like I don't have any friends, but it doesn't help that there are a lot of nasty people around (I try not to let them bother me) and to do things you need money that I never really have.

I hold my head down quite a lot when I'm outside walking around out of fear of being judged (I shouldn't have to do this I know) even though I could care less what some people think about me, however there are times when comments that are made about me do get to me. I just try to ignore them though. I have contradictory thoughts/feelings because I want to be liked, I tell myself that I am able to ignore certain people (not let them affect me) and yet they are obviously still getting to me somewhat.

Im not sure if my advice would be helpful but from experience there needs to be that one push to go outside. When in daily routine that involves going outside then it should feel a lot easier and something that your mind somehow gets used to but as soon as there is a longer period of time when you don't push yourself to experience outside world (and people) that feeling of anxiety returns.
I believe its about discipline to keep on going in each day.

Latest posts

Back