Lets Be Proactive and Excercise Together for Better Health & Self Improvement

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started watching youtube videos for exercise and yoga at home....watching and doing are 2 different things but just started doing that. I also joined a gym up the street. In warmer/tolerable weather I go hiking and walking outside a lot. I also make smoothies for protein (Plantfusion) with fruits and vegetables which helps metabolism and fiber and all that...good right? Thanks :)

^That sounds good, Healing.

Yoga is so good but I have been doing less of it as well as my exercise regime since my back pain got worse. I don't have the willpower to force it when pain is there sometimes. :\

ladyforsaken said:

Yoga is so good but I have been doing less of it as well as my exercise regime since my back pain got worse. I don't have the willpower to force it when pain is there sometimes. :\

Have you tried a studio, or yogi that specializes  in restorative yoga?

Yukongirl said:
ladyforsaken said:

Have you tried a studio, or yogi that specializes  in restorative yoga?

I did studio yoga. Didn't really explore it further. :0

Have you done it before?

I have, since I seem to have a talent for injuring myself...

Most studios usually offer Hatha or Vinyasa yoga. If you could find a group that does iyengar yoga, which uses a lot of props, it may suit you better because it's more like physio and the focus is on bringing your spine into alignment. The use of props allows people of any ability to participate

Muay thai training on tuesday teacher decides its all about jumping squats, skated all day yesterday, gotta go to work today... yeah... my quads are killing me., feel like I need a zimmer frame

Somnambulist said:
Any weightlifters here ?

If you're talking actual weightlifting i.e. Snatch and Clean & Jerk, then no...

If you're talking bodybuilding style weightlifting, then mostly no...

If you're talking picking things up and putting them down again simply because you enjoy it, then yes.

Cavey said:
Somnambulist said:
Any weightlifters here ?

If you're talking actual weightlifting i.e. Snatch and Clean & Jerk, then no...

If you're talking bodybuilding style weightlifting, then mostly no...

If you're talking picking things up and putting them down again simply because you enjoy it, then yes.

Haha, I wasn't talking about serious/competitive weightlifting, no. I think the last description is what I meant :)

I didn't see much talk of weight training, so I thought I'd ask :D

The majority of the messages in the thread are from Almalostherspoon and Me (or my old account) and all we do is lift. Alma has sadly been gone for quite some time now... she found a new spoon. I like to lift stuff up and put it down, but nothing too heavy ;)

The 12 ounce curls are the best!

(Aside from that, I dropped 27 lbs just by walking during my lunch break & doing low intensity weight lifting before work for 20 minutes or so.)

Cavey said:
The majority of the messages in the thread are from Almalostherspoon and Me (or my old account) and all we do is lift. Alma has sadly been gone for quite some time now... she found a new spoon. I like to lift stuff up and put it down, but nothing too heavy ;)

Bones 2.0 said:

(Aside from that, I dropped 27 lbs just by walking during my lunch break & doing low intensity weight lifting before work for 20 minutes or so.)

It is amazing just how much weight you can shed by walking instead of relying on a vehicle to get everywhere.

Yukongirl said:
I have, since I seem to have a talent for injuring myself...

Most studios usually offer Hatha or Vinyasa yoga. If you could find a group that does iyengar yoga, which uses a lot of props, it may suit you better because it's more like physio and the focus is on bringing your spine into alignment. The use of props allows people of any ability to participate

Thanks for the tip, Yukongirl! I'll make a note on this. :)

I'm still working out 3 or 4 times a week and I'm making reasonable progress. I've recently bought a new power rack, so I can finally squat and bench without having to go 'lift or die'. I'm quite happy with how rapidly I am progressing with squats and deadlifts, but I appear to have reached a plateau on bench press and overhead press. I paralysed my serratus anterior a couple of years ago, and although I have since recovered from this, it has left me with residual weakness in my right side - particularly with any form of pressing motion at shoulder height or above. I imagine that this is what is impeding my progress. I'll keep trying to push through it.

Onwards and upwards...

Still working out. Still barely moving up on presses. Squat risen by 51lbs in 5 months. Deadlift by slightly less. I bought a shiny new SBD belt which I am sure that I will regret when I look at the CC bill. I've been trying to work on mobility because all this heavy lifting does a number on your joints and I'm not getting any younger.

Cavey said:
Around 4 years ago I weighed 250lbs at 5'9 and all of that was fat. I had barely moved for 10 years and I was as weak as a kitten. I got my weight down to 164lbs and lost 10 inches off my waistline in a little over a year. I started lifting around 3 years ago and I could barely lift the bar... seriously. I now weigh 183lbs, but with a significantly changed body shape and the same exact waist measurement as I had at 164lbs. The point of this is that if I can do it at 40+ years old, then anyone out there who is unhappy with their weight/strength/body image can do it to. Don't tell yourself that you can't or that it's too late, because you can and it isn't...

Sorry to pull this for an older message, but as someone who used to spend 4+ hours a day, 5-7 days a week training from a 240 pound 5'9 1/2 dude into a 210 pounds 300 max bench dude a few years latter, I find this particularly awesome and an example of what clean eating, discipline and motivation can do, especially for someone who's over their 40's. I can't stress how totally awesome Cavey is for his accomplishment and as he states, anyone who wants to and sets his mind to it can accomplish anything ;-)

Congrats, bro, that's awesome :)

Now if only I could stop screwing around and commit too LOL!

Richard_39 said:
Cavey said:
Around 4 years ago I weighed 250lbs at 5'9 and all of that was fat. I had barely moved for 10 years and I was as weak as a kitten. I got my weight down to 164lbs and lost 10 inches off my waistline in a little over a year. I started lifting around 3 years ago and I could barely lift the bar... seriously. I now weigh 183lbs, but with a significantly changed body shape and the same exact waist measurement as I had at 164lbs. The point of this is that if I can do it at 40+ years old, then anyone out there who is unhappy with their weight/strength/body image can do it to. Don't tell yourself that you can't or that it's too late, because you can and it isn't...

Sorry to pull this for an older message, but as someone who used to spend 4+ hours a day, 5-7 days a week training from a 240 pound 5'9 1/2 dude into a 210 pounds 300 max bench dude a few years latter, I find this particularly awesome and an example of what clean eating, discipline and motivation can do, especially for someone who's over their 40's. I can't stress how totally awesome Cavey is for his accomplishment and as he states, anyone who wants to and sets his mind to it can accomplish anything ;-)

Congrats, bro, that's awesome :)

Now if only I could stop screwing around and commit too LOL!

+1

I've tried loads of things with various results, walking, running, biking, rollerblading, kickboxing, fitness and more I've forgotten.
I've had a bad back since an accident at age 13 mid growth, and whatever I do it always causes my back to go out at some point.

I've decided to give something a little different (for me) a try and will start some light yoga.
thanks to Hopetracer fore suggesting I start with some back exercises, Surya Namaskar.

[youtube]9QyXbfLIj7g[/youtube]

3 Step:

1. Stop eating crap.
2. Just take a walk.
3. Don't make videos.

GizMON Plan. 49.99
Generic deck of cards with meat hoagies on the ace of space.

Bones 2.0 said:

Cavey said:

The curly ones leave all that cheese crap everywhere, I would have to stand with crunchy.

Latest posts

Back