let's make a list of email addresses

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feel free to drop by by messenger or Mail. Give me a hint you are from ALL please ;)

beatbouncer(at)ya h o o (.) c om

Putting your email address naked on the internet is an invitation to every spam bot which spiders the web. Because of this the Mybb software that powers this forum has a functionality that allows users here to email each other without making our emails public. Just click on anyone's username and you can email them.

Most ISPS and third party web based email services have filters for spam, but it is impossible for it to be perfect, which means sometimes spam will get through and sometimes legit emails will be flagged as spam. This should be moved to a closed discussion for this reason.

The adress is basicly reaplaceable at any time, so once the spam starts it can be exchanged for something else. So no problem

That is a problem, because you will lose contact with people if you keep switching email addresses, not to mention the inconvenience.

I am surprised so many in this thread didn't know to avoid nakedly publishing their email addy.

Thrasymachus said:
I am surprised so many in this thread didn't know to avoid nakedly publishing their email addy.

When I see comments like these I can't help but think of my sisters little catchphrase "padlock your privates" ie keep your details safe!

Latest posts

Back