Lets see the Faces!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nearing the end of my first successful hike. Snapped on top of the Waverly Cliff above Harper Ferry. That railroad in the background leads to Harper Ferry. You can barely see a couple bright dots in the wood, that's the town.

I have been trying to get myself to hike more and more to build up my confidence and fitness level. This is a pic from my latest hike.

lostear said:

Nearing the end of my first successful hike. Snapped on top of the Waverly Cliff above Harper Ferry. That railroad in the background leads to Harper Ferry. You can barely see a couple bright dots in the wood, that's the town.

I have been trying to get myself to hike more and more to build up my confidence and fitness level. This is a pic from my latest hike.

Nice pic!

That's also what I did when I wanted to increase my fitness and build up my confidence too. It worked wonders for me. Lost loads of weight, got my fitness in check, took some nice photos and got to meet some nice people along the way.

Well just to celebrate at having overheard being called "gross" again by a couple of women at the health food cafe I normally like to frequent after work...but won't be any more... thought I'd post this icky low-res pic from my lap top. To prove a point (that we can't all be pretty)

Look upon the face of the would-be rapist/stalker/perv male...the starring role in your nightmares ladies...
WIN_20140825_215318_zps28fb1145.jpg

ardour said:
Well just to celebrate at having overheard being called "gross" again by a couple of women at the health food cafe I normally like to frequent after work...but won't be any more... thought I'd post this icky low-res pick from my lap top. To prove a point (that we can't all be pretty)

Look upon the face of the would-be rapist/stalker/perv male...the starring role in your nightmares ladies...
WIN_20140825_215318_zps28fb1145.jpg

You look fine, ardour - entirely normal. I don't know why anyone would call you gross. I certainly wouldn't let it stop you from frequenting that particular establishment.

Ardour, I don't see anything about you that would cause people to say you are gross. Maybe you had food or something on you? Toilet paper hanging from your shoe?
Don't let some uppity bitches stop you from going to a place you enjoy. They don't matter in the least.

TheRealCallie said:
Ardour, I don't see anything about you that would cause people to say you are gross. Maybe you had food or something on you? Toilet paper hanging from your shoe?
Don't let some uppity bitches stop you from going to a place you enjoy. They don't matter in the least.

Those "uppity bitches" work there. I won't be going back.

I agree with user 130057 and Callie, there's nothing wrong with the way you look. =/

I've stopped going to some places where people were always rude to me, so I don't blame you for wanting to avoid it. Why would you want to spend your money at a cafe where the staff calls you names? They don't deserve your business. I would try not to internalize what they say about you though; their rudeness is their problem, not yours. (Easier said than done though, I know.)

Ardour, you look great.

Those women might have felt insecure about their own looks and this could have been their hostile way of trying to feel better about themselves - insulting a handsome guy! There are people who do that sort of thing, unfortunately.

ardour said:
TheRealCallie said:

Firstly your right, don't ever go back. They don't deserve your custom / money.

Secondly, I am going to be honest because I think me and you have a lot in common. You aren't ugly but you have a intense looking face. Not your fault, just the way your face is. I am similar. I have a permanent frown on my face. I look intense and unfriendly, scary even. Unless I am smiling about something I look horrendous. People who meet me for the first time probably recoil from me and think all sorts. Of course when they get to know me they realize what a nice, sweet person I am.

I don't know what to suggest. Insults are bound to happen from time to time. Try not to dwell on them. Ignore these shallow people. Try to keep positive and happy. In other words fresia people who give you honeysuckle !

ardour said:
TheRealCallie said:

You should consider reporting them to a manager, at least.

Predictably you guys are being kind. Triple Bogey, thanks for the honesty. That was an attempt at a pleasant expression but it comes across like a smirk with underlying hostility, while the brow furrows make me look aggressive. All we can do is focus on the relationships that matter instead of worrying about what strangers think (easily said of course)

ardour said:
Predictably you guys are being kind. Triple Bogey, thanks for the honesty. That was an attempt at a pleasant expression but it comes across like a smirk with underlying hostility, while the brow furrows make me look aggressive. All we can do is focus on the relationships that matter instead of worrying about what strangers think.

I was also being honest.

Triple Bogey said:
Secondly, I am going to be honest because I think me and you have a lot in common. You aren't ugly but you have a intense looking face. Not your fault, just the way your face is. I am similar. I have a permanent frown on my face. I look intense and unfriendly, scary even. Unless I am smiling about something I look horrendous. People who meet me for the first time probably recoil from me and think all sorts. Of course when they get to know me they realize what a nice, sweet person I am.

THIS! I have the same problem. Apparently I look mad all the time. I think I mentioned one other time a dentist told me one time my bite is messed up. Most people have the upper teeth just slightly extended from the lower so that your face always has kind of a little smile... normally. My teeth are completely even so it tends to make me look a bit frownish. There is nothing that can be done. He suggested that I practice smiling so I got used to it even if it was an unnatural thing.

But ardour, I probably wouldn't have even noticed at all. I never get insulted... that I notice.

ardour said:
... thanks for the message Locke.

I'm sorry if I sounded cold, I've just had a long day, and I wasn't sure how to say it in a way that you would believe me.

Anyway...take care of yourself. People believe in you, and I hope that'll be enough.

Latest posts

Back