Lets see the Faces!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BeyondShy said:
Yeah, I'm very sure. I am far from ready from doing something like this. All I would be thinking is that some people would say something just to be nice, a small percentage would actually like the photo and the majority would not say a word about it but would laugh about it in private messages. They won't get the chance to do this to me.

Fair enough. Going public can be a big deal, but maybe you shared pictures privately with individuals whose honesty and fairness you trusted before...would be a good start at least. Regardless, I do believe you worry too much at this point. I used to be hyper-aware of myself too and in really bad times I still am, not even talking about what someone in my family dealt with in that regard. Now I try to take comfort in knowing that the majority of people has better things to do than laughing about me behind my back. They actually don't give a **** cause people only see what they want to see. So do I. Perception is always subjective.

BeyondShy said:
That's because you have the self-confidence to do this. You don't need to have these people tell you that you look good or not because it won't bother you either way. And that's the way it should be. They would bury me in here and I am not going to give them the chance to hurt me one more time in here.

Not out of nowhere of course. I won't lie, it's a long trail to that point. Even I started with seeing nothing but abominable scum in the mirror (though that went further below the outer surface). But you can guess it certainly wasn't my superb dating life that got me where I am now. Knowing that you aren't crazy or alone with your opinions, things that actually deal with insides, helped me more with my confidence as a whole than every well-meant compliment regarding my appearance.

Anyways, look at me rant. I know I'm not you and you aren't me and I won't tell you to become like me either. Do things at your own pace.

Rodent said:
Fair enough. Going public can be a big deal, but maybe you shared pictures privately with individuals whose honesty and fairness you trusted before...would be a good start at least. Regardless, I do believe you worry too much at this point. I used to be hyper-aware of myself too and in really bad times I still am, not even talking about what someone in my family dealt with in that regard. Now I try to take comfort in knowing that the majority of people has better things to do than laughing about me behind my back. They actually don't give a **** cause people only see what they want to see. So do I. Perception is always subjective.

I think it is fair enough to say that I do worry too much. And maybe they wouldn't laugh behind my back like I said they would. And if some actually did it would be a small percentage, if at all. The point is I don't trust them enough to share my photo.

Rodent said:
Knowing that you aren't crazy or alone with your opinions, things that actually deal with insides, helped me more with my confidence as a whole than every well-meant compliment regarding my appearance.

Anyways, look at me rant. I know I'm not you and you aren't me and I won't tell you to become like me either. Do things at your own pace.

There are times when I tell myself I am not alone in how I feel but those times are few and far. I get compliments from time to time but I always wonder if they really meant it or were they being nice?

BeyondShy said:
I think it is fair enough to say that I do worry too much. And maybe they wouldn't laugh behind my back like I said they would. And if some actually did it would be a small percentage, if at all. The point is I don't trust them enough to share my photo.

The latter is actually a fair argument on the internet in general. Sometimes I do wonder about the repercussions of what could happen with what I share, but this is not Reddit or 4chan where people end up photoshopped and ridiculed all over the place. In the end I'm just an unimportant particle, so I stop worrying about the bad things other particles around me may or may not think.

BeyondShy said:
There are times when I tell myself I am not alone in how I feel but those times are few and far. I get compliments from time to time but I always wonder if they really meant it or were they being nice?

Unless you ask or just learn to trust you'll never know. Some people will actually tell you to just take these things at face value. To just let it make you feel good because you want it to, regardless of their intentions. I don't know if that is good idea either, maybe it does work for some. I decided to just not take anything too seriously and to joke about myself if people are just being nice or if they actually are just being ironic. Life is too short to bother with that too long.

Digitales said:
I'll remove it in a bit. I don't have many pics on this pc.. so obligatory bathroom pic it is.

oddly enough ...I think that I heard a statistic that women take most selfies in the bathroom LOL
Thanks for sharing your beautiful face

Rodent said:
The latter is actually a fair argument on the internet in general. Sometimes I do wonder about the repercussions of what could happen with what I share, but this is not Reddit or 4chan where people end up photoshopped and ridiculed all over the place. In the end I'm just an unimportant particle, so I stop worrying about the bad things other particles around me may or may not think.

You're right. I have never seen evidence in here of people photoshopping someone's photo to poke fun at them. I always thought to myself that this was one of the nicest things that was not an issue in here. For that I have to give credit for all the people here.

Rodent said:
I decided to just not take anything too seriously and to joke about myself if people are just being nice or if they actually are just being ironic. Life is too short to bother with that too long.

I have not learned this trick yet.

Rodent said:
^With obligatory huge shades? Hopefully not to hide the looming abysses which are in place of your eyes...

Just kidding of course. You're looking good there, Digitales.

Hehe, student at the time. Those shades make up for my lack of sleep :p

Thanks Rodent :)

2mdi9i1.jpg

hey everybody

^^^sorry i'm removing my picture for personal reasons, would you be able to edit my photo out of your post please happy alone? thank you for the complement though, there are just people who i'd rather not see this who may do, thanks ^_^

erm i can't seem to remove my photo could admin please kindly take it down? thanks

simhthmss said:
^^^sorry i'm removing my picture for personal reasons, would you be able to edit my photo out of your post please happy alone? thank you for the complement though, there are just people who i'd rather not see this who may do, thanks ^_^

erm i can't seem to remove my photo could admin please kindly take it down? thanks

hi my dear friend....i tried many times to edit that but give me a message like this "you can only edit messages for 1440 minutes after they were posted"...and i was reported that as a private message to vanilla creme...i'm so sorry my dear friend...i didnt know that you wanna delete that...i'm really sorry that discomfit you...

Latest posts

Back