Lets Talk!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumbs_Up

Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's sunday night at 11.04pm here in the UK. I've been thinking about what I should be doing...sleeping, or at least chilling out, but I'm wide awake haha so I thought I'd see if I can start a conversation going, or maybe just say Hi to a few people.

I posted a while back about my situation and how I have kind of separated myself a bit from friends and making new friends, the post was called 'Get up Kid, You've faded', anyway that was just a brief post to share my experience.

I've recently come out of a relationship also which is a pain but I am coming to active ideas on how to get out and start doing new things and I'd like to share a few of my ideas, perhaps give some inspiration and some positivity along the way for those that feel the same way.

I get this grotty lonely feeling a lot more than I used to now, I often ask myself how many people really like to associate themselves with me now, and it's a result of my own selfishness and immaturity without me even being aware of it.

Anyway, I find myself being bored quiet often and wasting time just feeling sorry for myself instead of getting active and I'm putting a stop to it. Now that I have just finished in a relationship too I have a huge range of freedom and opportunities ahead...it's just a case of using the initiative.

I've found writing has helped a lot in breaking out of my rumination and coming to terms with what's happening now and accepting now for what it is. I'd literally just sit down and write for an hour or so, but it's been a good way of understanding myself as well as the situations around me.

I got rid of facebook, and MSN. I grew up on the internet as a teenager using messaging programs to socialize instead of in real life. Nothing wrong with that but I've decided to cut this out as much as possible because I was preferring to talk to people through text rather than in person back then, but at the time I didn't know how it could affect me socially relying on this instead of real world contact.

Without the old facebook I feel a lot more isolated because this would almost be a safety net for loneliness, but then again I found out I didn't really talk to anyone on my friends list apart from the odd few haha. Plus the complications that come with facebook are annoying.

I've got plans and things I want to do. I have been low in the past and I'm just breaking out and it feels very clear, and I know I can break out of it if I focus on the right things as hard as it may seem, yet I've still decided to see a councillor because it will speed things up.

Sometimes I feel like a right weirdo lol, I don't know I just feel like I am a socially inept person or just not good enough, I think any normal person wouldn't get into a situation like this, but then again to feel isolated can happen to anyone. I've been listening to blues rock, it's a real treat!

I was a product of my own abuse haha, I put myself down any chance I could get and I still catch myself doing it now, I just have to break out of these patterns and know I deserve better...as a human being we all deserve to put ourselves first and then bring other people up too.

I love to exercise, I lift weights and I go running. Not so much running recently though as my knee is a bit dodgy at the mo, but exercise is amazing too. I have put on some weight recently but my arms are getting bigger with all these pull-ups and bench pressing I've been doing, so I can't wait to start running again to really see the benefits.

It's strange I often ask myself how the fresia can a person like me feel low? But anyone can, if I was a millionaire it wouldn't make any difference, I'd just have a lot of stuff... what really matters to me is being true to myself and other people.

Wow you sound like someone who's really well aware of what is happening to himself and why, this is quite rare ... and susrprising, people that are in this kind of situations often fail to see the real cause of their problems and why they surfaced in the first place.

I think that you are definitely on a good path, trying to move on is a GOOD choice and it looks like you have made a great choice asking for a councillor's help as well, all I can say is : think abgout how much your life could improve if you do what you planned brace yourself for what's to come and go, you said that you have a huge range of freedom and opportunities ahead.... well use them! some people would probably like to be in your situation but they are not as lucky ...

It's all a matter of initiative right ? well,

As an excercise, try to immagine what would happen and how you would feel if they suddenly told you that you have a serious illness ....,do it ,for real, for a few minutes think about all of the concequences... you'll suddenly feel a strong desire to live fullest.

I wish you thebest of luck :)

HC22 said:
Wow you sound like someone who's really well aware of what is happening to himself and why, this is quite rare ... and susrprising, people that are in this kind of situations often fail to see the real cause of their problems and why they surfaced in the first place.

I think that you are definitely on a good path, trying to move on is a GOOD choice and it looks like you have made a great choice asking for a councillor's help as well, all I can say is : think abgout how much your life could improve if you do what you planned brace yourself for what's to come and go, you said that you have a huge range of freedom and opportunities ahead.... well use them! some people would probably like to be in your situation but they are not as lucky ...

It's all a matter of initiative right ? well,

As an excercise, try to immagine what would happen and how you would feel if they suddenly told you that you have a serious illness ....,do it ,for real, for a few minutes think about all of the concequences... you'll suddenly feel a strong desire to live fullest.

I wish you thebest of luck :)

Yes you are right, I have imagined what it would be like to have an illness and I really do care for those that might have one. I often have my ups and downs and I am not always a happy-go-lucky person as which might have surfaced in my previous post but I do try to look at the upside of things whenever possible. When I feel like poo it can lead to a downward spiral and often a bad day, ( feeling sad about being sad), so I take ten minutes out for myself to really let things go and feel more myself again.

I won't put any icing on the cake here, I have made myself ill from my thoughts previously. I have had major anxiety and it can lead to depression. I still have anxiety and it has intervals of being worse on some days than others, and I think I will have to live with this for the rest of my life.

What I can do though is not let it hold me back as much as it has done. I think the product of my anxiety is me worrying too much 'what ifs', and also about how I interact with other people - I often worry I am being rude even for no apparent reason with things like through the tone of my voice etc...

In a way it is a gift as I am probably what a lot of people would call sensitive, I see myself as compassionate as well as many other people that have the same feelings.

Thumbs_Up said:
What I can do though is not let it hold me back as much as it has done. I think the product of my anxiety is me worrying too much 'what ifs',
That's right :)
Thumbs_Up said:
and also about how I interact with other people - I often worry I am being rude even for no apparent reason with things like through the tone of my voice etc...

This is not a probloem at all, it's actually good that you are so sensitive and mature.
I hope yo'll be able to find people who are able to appreciate this ...it is such a rare gift :)

Latest posts

Back