lgbt out there?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the UK there is no such thing as the gay community now. Not ideal but it was a fact - homophobia bought us together. The acceptance has driven us apart, hence the gay bars closing. For almost a decade now no gay guy will talk to me, or have sex with me, or date me. So in a time where we have gay marriage I have never been so alone.

I feel uncomfortable labelling myself, so I'll just say that I'm capable of forming loving, meaningful relationships with all genders.

Do none of you have problems with loneliness and isolation from the rest of the LBGT population?

cumulus.james said:
Do none of you have problems with loneliness and isolation from the rest of the LBGT population?

I'm out of touch with the LBGT population nowadays but I never really fitted in back in the mid-80's - I suppose being a feminine petite woman who prefers the same wasn't that well understood or desirable.

I do, at times, feel very lonely - and if I was actively looking for a relationship I wouldn't know where to start. Also my age would be against me now, as would that I am married.

But as far as I know, love has no bounds, and can be expressed in many ways.

cumulus.james said:
For me, its not loneliness/isolation, but rather "oh god why am I so shy even though its a community I'm technically part of."
I guess I'm still afraid of admitting I'm pan, and going into the LGBT community actively would be a huge leap I'm not ready to cross.

I'm bi and I've only recently been open about it. When I say recently, I mean it's only been about a year.

Bi-girl here!

(And about being apart from the lgbt-community as well.. I have met some great people who's been real nice, and then an equal amount that just don't accept of someone being bi/pan 'indecisive'.. kind of ironic to me. I guess it's like with every group, people and it's fine with me.)

Anyways it is nice to meet you guys here!! :)

kuro said:
I'm bi and a minority in a minority.

Me too (on both counts). It was bad enough when I lived in London, but I feel it even more in the South West (UK).

Latest posts

Back