Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minus

Unknown member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"The Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale (LSAS) is a questionnaire developed by Michael Liebowitz, a psychologist and researcher. It's objective is to assess the range of social interaction and performance situations which patients with Social Anxiety Disorder may fear."

Test

http://www.brucehubbardmd.com/anxiety.htm

Scoring:

55-65 Moderate social phobia
65-80 Marked social phobia
80-95 Severe social phobia
Greater than 95 - Very severe social phobia

Please note: The results from this self-test does not establish a diagnosis or condition. It is primarily for self-assessment of levels of symptomatology and severity of symptoms. For purposes of diagnosis or treatment, they must be considered in the context of a complete psychiatric evaluation.

I got a 9.
105s3yb.jpg

Well, either I'm lying to myself, or I'm a boring normie.

----Steve

Wow i didn't know a person could get that good of a score.

Just have to learn to avoid more things i guess.

Hmmm, well I got a 52. I know I'm really shy but I also know tests like these are flawed. Regardless, not a bad guess haha. Though I probably have worse than what would be considered a moderate social phobia lol

This test is very vague because it doesn't account for the context in which people are shy. I don't mind eating out alone, but it would depend on the place I eat. Eating alone in a restaurant is very odd, but not so in a fast food joint. Hence I would feel highly anxious in the first case, but not so in the second. That's because of social expectations that are often in place. You don't want to feel like the odd one out.

By the way I scored a 44. I believe this is reflective of me though, because I hardly get anxious when around people. It however, depends on the context and social expectations regarding those circumstances.

Woah and I was seriously answering honestly

"YOUR HEALTH INDEX SCORE IS 104

THIS MEANS THAT YOU

Appear to have very severe social phobia"

I guess its a good thing that the results should be " considered in the context of a complete psychiatric evaluation."

Done this one before; I know I got a single figure result.

YOUR HEALTH INDEX SCORE IS 85
THIS MEANS THAT YOU
Appear to have severe social phobia

Yup that's me...

If you're dying with that score, then BJD must be **** near superman :p

I agree with who ever said this test was vague, I got a 35,... appears to be well adjusted...
.... doesn't count for all scenarios -_-

@ Frozen possibly just bring up the courage to talk to more rando ppl? I mean once u get used to things then it should bother that much.

Latest posts

Back