I think I have SA. What do I do?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I saw my doctor the other day. She was very understanding and she thinks I do have social anxiety. She referred me to a psychologist that she seemed to know well. I'm a little nervous about seeing him though... I haven't scheduled the appointment yet. I've never done anything like this and only know what television makes it out to be >.>

PlayingSolo said:
Well I saw my doctor the other day. She was very understanding and she thinks I do have social anxiety. She referred me to a psychologist that she seemed to know well. I'm a little nervous about seeing him though... I haven't scheduled the appointment yet. I've never done anything like this and only know what television makes it out to be >.>

That's wonderful that you were proactive and brought it up to your doctor. What's also great is that you can trust her and that she's understanding.

It's totally normal to be nervous about seeing a psychologist. Especially if you have social anxiety.... cuz they're like a person :) But remember that their job is to help you, and they're used to seeing people who are nervous about seeing them.

Sarah_Lbnz said:
PlayingSolo said:

That's wonderful that you were proactive and brought it up to your doctor. What's also great is that you can trust her and that she's understanding.

It's totally normal to be nervous about seeing a psychologist. Especially if you have social anxiety.... cuz they're like a person :) But remember that their job is to help you, and they're used to seeing people who are nervous about seeing them.

Thanks for the reply :) I've called him a few times now, hesitantly, but he's yet to answer his phone... I hate phone calls, but I hate leaving a message even more. Partly because of the message itself, but also cause he'd have to call me back. I don't want him to call me back when I'm out with someone or something, I hate phone calls in public even more :/ but I guess there's not much else I can do, right..

Latest posts

Back