Life With No Possibility Of Parole, Or The Death Penalty. Which Would You Choose?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life in prison with no possibility of parole but with a possibility of breaking out ha!

I'd rather be dead. Why bother living the rest of your life in prison? It's not like your gonna have a meaningful life in a cell watching your back every day for someone trying to kill you. Your living the rest of your life with some of the worst people in the country(assuming it's a maximum security prison). Iv'e never been locked up but from what i hear it's not pretty. So yea, I think I'd be better off dead.

I'll choose Death.

I'm always amazed when you hear about some drug smuggler in Bali who has been 'spared' the death sentence and has instead been given life in jail.

Talk about thanks for nothing.

depends. if i were a man:

on the first day:
A: have you been raped/insulted/shanked?
or:
B: are you respected? tattoos? muscles? intimidating?

if you are A, pick death. it would be a long life of people trying to make you their *****.
B: no parole, you might make great friends and start a gang ;)

p.s. that was a joke, pure sarcasm. but slightly truthful. don't take me too seriously, i cant even take MYSELF seriously ;)

Life in jail IS a life.
Then again, to stand at such a dilemma you need to be either hopelessly dumb, or to be looking for your death.

LoneKiller said:
grainofrice24 said:
Life. Nobody kills me but me.
Your avatar looks delicious.

Why thank you sir, yours is quite intimidating :D. (does it make me a bad person if while watching Friday the 13th, part of me was rooting for Jason to open up a can of whoop-tushie on those rich kids? :shy: )

I don't see why I would choose death. To me, as sick as I am of life, choosing to die is always wrong. Although the argument folks have made about - living with the guilt of having done something so horrible that I have been sentenced to life imprisonment - makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't/couldn't ever do something that horrible, so it's hard to say (it is after all a hypothetical question).

This thread reminds me of a quote I heard somewhere (can't remember where)
"I must have done something horrible to deserve this life. This isn't life, it's a life sentence".

shelbydanielle said:
depends. if i were a man:

on the first day:
A: have you been raped/insulted/shanked?
or:
B: are you respected? tattoos? muscles? intimidating?

if you are A, pick death. it would be a long life of people trying to make you their *****.
B: no parole, you might make great friends and start a gang ;)

p.s. that was a joke, pure sarcasm. but slightly truthful. don't take me too seriously, i cant even take MYSELF seriously ;)

^^^ROFL

I'd pick the Death Penalty.

Hmm, I think that if I had no family, kids or anything. Death.

Which would you choose? Myself, I would rather be executed than live life in a prison being traded around as a sex object for cigarettes.

Life without parole, more learning to be done. Besides, if i'd have to die, i'd die anyway, might as well take the chance at living.

It also helps that i don't live in one those countries that are propagated negatively concerning their prisons.

Rosebolt said:
Life without parole, more learning to be done. Besides, if i'd have to die, i'd die anyway, might as well take the chance at living.

It also helps that i don't live in one those countries that are propagated negatively concerning their prisons.
You're a tougher man than I Rosebolt.

LoneKiller said:
Rosebolt said:

Not really, Dutch prisons aren't all that bad probably. I never hear anything about a murder in prison over here, sounds kinda boring. Besides, i always wanted to spend a day+night in prison to see what it's like. Life long is a whole other story though, but there's so much to be learned there i reckon.

Rosebolt said:
LoneKiller said:
Rosebolt said:

Not really, Dutch prisons aren't all that bad probably. I never hear anything about a murder in prison over here, sounds kinda boring. Besides, i always wanted to spend a day+night in prison to see what it's like. Life long is a whole other story though, but there's so much to be learned there i reckon.
I once spent the night in the drunk tank. It was no picnic.

LoneKiller said:

I never heard of that, but i can sort of guess what it is. Alright, i wouldn't know, i've never been there. But the curiousity man, the curiousity. :p

Rosebolt said:
LoneKiller said:

I never heard of that, but i can sort of guess what it is. Alright, i wouldn't know, i've never been there. But the curiousity man, the curiousity. :p
The drunk tank is a jail cell where they put those who are intoxicated and causing trouble. In my case, I was caught urinating behind the bank uptown. You are released the next day.

I don't agree with the death penalty as it does not allow for one to truly repent of their actions. if someone is genuinely repentant for their former ways, then they can at least save their soul before they go to meet their maker.

So if I had done something so heinous to warrant death or life in prison, I would like to think that I would be given life so that I may have time to turn it around and ask forgiveness for what I had done.

LoneKiller said:
Which would you choose? Myself, I would rather be executed than live life in a prison being traded around as a sex object for cigarettes.

Option C - I would take myself out before the cops could apprehend me. I'm not prison material and would be someone's ***** inside of an hour. :/

I'm going to treat this like it's the US since the UK doesn't have a death penalty.

I'd rather be killed than spend my entire lifetime inside with no possibility of ever reintegrating into society. It's not because I'm scared of being made someone's *****, it's because I'd lose all hope and that would turn me into something scarier than most of the other inmates.

The problem is that your average death row inmate serves the equivalent of a life sentence before they ever get round to executing them, so they're essentially serving both sentences.

Latest posts

Back