Like a newborn...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElizabethAnne

Reaction score
Feel like a newborn these days. Just moved to a new country after breaking up with my gf. But it's okay, I'm not upset, just feeling a profound sense of disconnect, like I'm not a human any more. Like I float through every day like a ghost, barely connecting with people, like no one can even touch me. Sometimes I'll wake up and my cat will be curled in the crook of my legs. Even if it means I'll be late for work, I never move until he does, since something living, something warm is touching me. It makes me feel human. And here I am living in a city of 4 million people on the 12th floor of some random apartment building, just one of so many. But people just make me angry. Like I've spent my whole life trying to please them, and I just won't do it any more, so I don't care any more. I just want to be brand new. A brand new me. Elizabeth Anne, someone no one has known before. Someone who has had no life experience, but to whom everything is new. That's kind of how it feels.

It's funny because my description sounds so complex, and yet, it's exactly what I'm feeling. I'm not sure if anyone's ever felt like this. If you have, I want to hear from you. I just feel kind of worried, because I feel like I've let go of life.

Brand new Elisabeth Anne, welcome to the forums :)

and have fun rediscovering yourself :)

ElizabethAnne,
You've perfectly described something I experienced several years ago. For me it was life changing...it could be entirely different for you though.
If you'd like to talk feel welcome to PM me.

Welcome to the group, BTW :)

Latest posts

Back