Lincoln Six Echo

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L6E

Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is L6E (not my real name, obviously :)). This is short for Lincoln Six Echo, the main character in the movie The Island. I chose that name because I feel a bit the same as that character: like a prisoner in a facility where most inmates aren't even aware that they are in fact living in a prison.

For the record: I'm a male, 29 years old, and I live in Holland. I live alone in an apartment in a medium-sized town. I don't have any friends and I'm not sure as to whether or not I want any. My "requirements" are very high: what I would like is someone whom I can absolutely trust with my life, and that's hard to find.

I should also add that I have been diagnosed with high-functioning autism, which in my case drastically affects the development of friendships, social relations, etc.

Thanks for reading my introduction!

L6E said:
I don't have any friends and I'm not sure as to whether or not I want any. My "requirements" are very high: what I would like is someone whom I can absolutely trust with my life, and that's hard to find.

Hi there L6E and welcome here :)

Everyone should have a friend. OK I haven't got a best friend and have not had one since school I Guss. I kinder thought I had a few times but I Guss I was just kidding myself.

Do you think you expect to much from a friend. I think I do even thou I only expect not to be messed around. But even as I write this I have another person that's let me down. You know its not even got to me as Ive kinder come to expect it. And not even a phone call to say he was going to be late or not turn up. But huh well, such as life I Guss. Do you think maybe you can get to laid back? Well its ether this attitude or to go mental. And am not letting anyone send me mental anymore.

Sorry about the ramble :)

This is not advice for you just my thought follows your post.

Find people who are not avoiding your eyes when you look at them.
That mean is at lease they are not hiding.
Big part of believing someone is your choice and your attitude not that they are not quality enough or not, in my view.
That is why I did believe moron even liar.
( be honest I am surprised every single time when I found their lying or trick or meaningless to see them anymore that there are people who doesn’t have a soul at all, coz how what human being is doing like that, and actually human is not better than animal. We are one of them. Different is we are looking for who we are.)

Question is others have faith in you? Is that can certificate your honest?
I would like to say it is depends on you and someone who you want to believe trying every single day to be someone for each others under condition accepting others as who they are.
I am not saying it will be easy to find them.

As much you expect perfect someone you might suffer to be perfect or blaming that you are not perfect no matter you are perfect or not.
Relax just be yourself.
If you can’t sure about yourself no one can.
Asking about whom we are how many people can answer of this question.
But we want to know and I want to know.
It might easily measure by people who surround you.
That is why we keep looking for someone who will surround you and judge you and accept you.
We are easily believed who we are by others judgments.
But inside of me saying that I don’t agree with what they are saying about me who I am.
But we know that there is only one who can answer of this question. It is you.
It is me who can answer who I am.
Don’t bother by who doesn’t know who they really are.
Our baggiest fear might we are not what we think we are.

What we are looking for is find someone who accepts us as who we are. I guess.

I am not sure am I talking to you or myself. Well.

Anyway good day L6E!!

Ithought said:
Find people who are not avoiding your eyes when you look at them.
That mean is at lease they are not hiding.
Big part of believing someone is your choice and your attitude not that they are not quality enough or not, in my view.
That is why I did believe moron even liar.
( be honest I am surprised every single time when I found their lying or trick or meaningless to see them anymore that there are people who doesn’t have a soul at all, coz how what human being is doing like that, and actually human is not better than animal. We are one of them. Different is we are looking for who we are.)

Actually, people who avoid eye contact do so out of shyness rather than a desire to hide things. Conversely, people telling lies will often make eye contact in order to add veracity to their falsehood.

Anyway, I digress. Welcome to the forum L6E :)

You need to kind of build up a relationship with a person that gets to the point where you trust them with your life, they are not going to come out of the woodwork.

Hello L6E nice to meet you, I never saw the island but that name sounds cool, welcome to the forum

I was diagnosed with aspergers myself so I know exactly what you mean about such things drastically affecting relationship development

Hope you like it here, feel free to send me a pm if you want to talk

Steel said:
Actually, people who avoid eye contact do so out of shyness rather than a desire to hide things. Conversely, people telling lies will often make eye contact in order to add veracity to their falsehood.

Anyway, I digress. Welcome to the forum L6E :)

Yea I don't make eye contact, instead I look at the sky, or the ground or whatever else I can look at to avoid eye contact lol

Hey L6E

I have an important question to ask you.......

Are you a Ninja?

Its imperitive that this be answered.

Steel said:

Oh..Machiavelli type..you are right!!
I never met Machiavelli type but good to know. Thanks.
People could recognize difference eye contact avoiding between shy or real avoiding, isn’t it?
Yea~ I am not a right person to say that.
My friends said that I must be closed my eyes when I meet people. HaHa.
Good day guys.

Thanks everyone for all your welcome messages!

You have already given me some stuff to think about. Which is great.

Bluey said:
Do you think you expect to much from a friend. I think I do even thou I only expect not to be messed around. But even as I write this I have another person that's let me down. You know its not even got to me as Ive kinder come to expect it. And not even a phone call to say he was going to be late or not turn up. But huh well, such as life I Guss. Do you think maybe you can get to laid back? Well its ether this attitude or to go mental. And am not letting anyone send me mental anymore.
I'm not sure if we expect too much from a friend. Maybe what we're looking for is true friends and not the bogus kind of friends most people settle for. By bogus friends I mean the kind that sticks with you as long as there is fun to be had, but when things turn for the worse they up and leave you. Imo, the test for true friendship would be if you were to become hospitalized because of some grave illness. Who would likely come to visit you and bring you flowers and sit by your bedside? Those are your true friends. Who would desert you? Those are bogus friends, I guess.

Ithought said:
What we are looking for is find someone who accepts us as who we are. I guess.
I agree. Unfortunately those people seem hard to find.

Unacceptance said:
You need to kind of build up a relationship with a person that gets to the point where you trust them with your life, they are not going to come out of the woodwork.
I know. In my case it takes an extraordinary amount of time for me to really trust someone. That might be because I'm "built" a little differently than most people (autism) but also because in the past I've had some bad experiences with trusting people who turned out to be downright scammers.

Hijacc said:
Are you a Ninja?
Not that I'm aware of, lol. Maybe I have some dark side that I myself don't know about... :cool:

NeverMore said:
Hope you like it here, feel free to send me a pm if you want to talk
Cool, I will!

L6E said:
Bluey said:
I'm not sure if we expect too much from a friend. Maybe what we're looking for is true friends and not the bogus kind of friends most people settle for. By bogus friends I mean the kind that sticks with you as long as there is fun to be had, but when things turn for the worse they up and leave you. Imo, the test for true friendship would be if you were to become hospitalized because of some grave illness. Who would likely come to visit you and bring you flowers and sit by your bedside? Those are your true friends. Who would desert you? Those are bogus friends, I guess.

Your so right there. I had a hernia OP at the end of last year. Not a big OP but is the kinder OP that takes time to recover from and not a very comfortable OP. My mum looked after me for two weeks after. You know I did not have one person come and see me in them two weeks. As soon as I could drive again I started to see ppl again. I am well aware that the so called friends I have are all a using bunch of fresia ups. But I need ppl in my life. I don't work and have no GF. If I was to spend 7 days a week alone I think I would end it. Am not strong enough for that.

I did have one women who I sometimes see outside when I let my mums dog out bring me some chocolate and a get well card. My mum told her that I was recovering. She is not even a friend. just someone I see when I let my mums dog out and she did moor then any friend I have. I also had a on line friend from india call my Mobile to see if I was OK. Again this is a guy from india that's studying he's ass of to get a better life for himself and he calls my mobile in England to see if I was OK. But in the hole of the two weeks I was being looked after by my mum not one friend come to see me are called and a lot of them live in the same village. So ye. Your post makes perfect sense to me. To find ppl to go out drinking with is easy. I could do that most nights of the week if I wonted to. But to find a true friend is not easy. Not easy at all. But there out there. Some where :) I hope.

Hijacc said:
L6E said:
Hijacc said:
Are you a Ninja?
Not that I'm aware of, lol. Maybe I have some dark side that I myself don't know about... :cool:

**** Oh well we can still be friends :3

What you mean ****? That's what a ninja would say. That's there a ninja answer. Take note of the ----->:cool: knowwhatamsaying me old mucker ;)

Bluey said:
Hijacc said:
L6E said:
Hijacc said:
Are you a Ninja?

**** Oh well we can still be friends :3

What you mean ****? That's what a ninja would say. That's there a ninja answer. Take note of the ----->:cool: knowwhatamsaying me old mucker ;)

Hush people must not know of our existence. :p

Hello!

Hey Hijacc, now that you mention it I know this guy who practices ninjitsu. I think that means he's a ninja! It seems to me like a pretty cool fighting style.

Bluey, I think the woman from your neighborhood and the guy from India are living proof that all is not lost. There are definitely people around who are genuinely good. Maybe only people who are like that are able to be someone's real friend (as opposed to bogus friend).
I'm a big fan of Aristotle the philosopher. He had some interesting stuff to tell about friendship. It is his opinion that real friendship is only for those who are "pure of character". According to him, people who have a bad character aren't able to develop real friendships, only bogus friendships. I guess he might be right, to some extent at least. I don't think that for example someone who is like a professional scammer is able to really care about someone.

L6E said:
Hello!

Hey Hijacc, now that you mention it I know this guy who practices ninjitsu. I think that means he's a ninja! It seems to me like a pretty cool fighting style.

Bluey, I think the woman from your neighborhood and the guy from India are living proof that all is not lost. There are definitely people around who are genuinely good. Maybe only people who are like that are able to be someone's real friend (as opposed to bogus friend).
I'm a big fan of Aristotle the philosopher. He had some interesting stuff to tell about friendship. It is his opinion that real friendship is only for those who are "pure of character". According to him, people who have a bad character aren't able to develop real friendships, only bogus friendships. I guess he might be right, to some extent at least. I don't think that for example someone who is like a professional scammer is able to really care about someone.

I have never heard of Aristotle, But I have to tell you that what you just said according to Aristotle makes great sense to me. Just did a quack google search and it appears that Aristotle is very old. Back in the roman times it seems. Well if he teachers stuff like that I can see myself being quite agreeable with the old fellow :)

And ye, not everyone is just out for what they can get. Tis ppl like that women that I still see around :) and my mate in india that make the world worth living :) Not that am gonna tell my mate that, Don'T wont him thinking am getting all gay on him now. I just buy him a paint or two if he ever gets him self over here.

Aristotle also said: "Without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods"

just thought I'd throw that out there,lol

Latest posts

Back