Listening to yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have long convos with your mind about your issues?

• Yes

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • Nahh

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

fuzzybutt

Reaction score
I find myself sometimes as I fall asleep, I'm explaining to myself or someone I'd like to talk to, about all my problems and how I ended up as I am now. My mind becomes a psychiatrist but it's just really me talking to me, mentally.

I do this sometimes a lot every couple of days too. How about you guys? In your mind do you find yourself pretending to have someone important listen to you?

listening to myself talking to myself...
listening to myself talking to someone else played by myself...

Sometimes I feel like I'm fighting with all my might to avoid going completely crazy. Sometimes I envision things and go through the physical motions as if I'm acting out a role in a scene I've envisioned. These visions can take me anywhere from a utopia to a dark place.

I talk to myself all the time. It's when I argue with myself that I start to worry...

I often do this. Not just when I'm asleep but when I’m on a bus or train or anything. I don't think it hurts, in fact I think it may be good for you. Society tries to force us out of having an imagination as we grow up, this is imagination, and I think its healthy for some people.

Are you creative at all?

fuzzybutt said:
In your mind do you find yourself pretending to have someone important listen to you?

Heaps, whenever I'm by myself not actually doing anything (a lot), trying to go to sleep, or when I space out stoned or whatever at someones house and tv's on (I fuckin hate tv, so I do anything I can to not see or hear it), cos my mind is the only place such a person exists.

kamya said:
Yup. All day every day.

Same. Multiple times a day. Pretend that someone is listening...someone I care about at that moment. :p

Of course I realize they aren't there. :rolleyes2:

Maybe I just can't stand to be alone. :)

I do this all the time but only when I'm alone. Ever since I was younger I imagine talking to someone who actually cares and understands me. At times I feel like I am going crazy because one should not be talking to themselves. From what I see it's much more common than I thought.

Yes... Actually (like probably many people on this wonderful forum) I invent characters/alter egos in my head who chat to me and tell me what a ******* idiot I am. Doesn't help much though. I just wish I was my character instead of me. But unfortunately I'm stuck in my body.

Yes, I talk to myself on a regular basis. But when I have a conversation with someone who isn't there, it's usually after a run-in with someone, where I couldn't think of what to say at the time. I later find the appropriate words and say them.

fuzzybutt... it's not really much difference if you are talking to yourself, or talking to somebody you think is 'out there', if you are caught in your own images and ideas... the mind is a tremendous self-deluding mechanism... a maker of duality... arguments and dramas are played here...

I'm reay glad you have stepped out of this 'stage' playing the drama... and actually looked at this objectively!! First step to enlightenment!!

I do this quite often. It's usually when talk about certain subject or maybe talk about my problems to someone. I kinda imagine I have an audience who wants to listen to me and cares about what I have to say. I often catch myself doing this. I guess it's my need to talk to someone and having someone care.

i'll spend a long while talking to myself when i'm in bed thinking. i think about all the conversations and thing i want to say to people. i think of if there is or isn't a god. (and i'm half and half on if there isn't or is a god lol) i'll think about all the things i want to draw. i talk to my self 24 hours a day but it becomes a lot more vivid and deep when i'm in bed before going to sleep i wish i could keep that state of mind all day.

Latest posts

Back