Loneliness has gotten to the point where I don't know what to do.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weusedtowait

Reaction score
I had a good group of friends when I was younger, but as we grew different, I found myself no longer wanting to spend time with them, and unable to make any new friends - as a result, I've become more and more reclusive for the past two years, and now feel so isolated.

I'm just lost and don't know how to meet like-minded people. I always feel disconnected and out of place, no matter who I'm with.

The online world has provided a community in which I feel safe and accepted, but the problem is, I'm getting so reliant on it, and so more isolated from the 'real' world. I find myself unable to function in the real world, and I wonder if maybe this is because I'm getting less and less used to it. As much as I love my online friends, it's not enough.

I just don't know what to do. Any help?

Hi there.....

I know what you mean thats why im on here.
Hopefully we can help each other. Im A 25 year old
Female from california how about you?

P.s. The way to make friends,is to make a good.change.

I guess the online world has become my security blanket.sadly, all my real friends are busy or just have.moved on : (. This site feels like a new home to me.

Hi there.....

I know what you mean thats why im on here.
Hopefully we can help each other. Im A 25 year old
Female from california how about you?

P.s. The way to make friends,is to make a good.change.

I guess the online world has become my security blanket.sadly, all my real friends are busy or just have.moved on : (. This site feels like a new home to me.

I'm an 18 year old female from England :) That's exactly it, the internet has become my security blanket and it's as if I'm scared and anxious without it.

Hey. I understand where you're coming from here. I get sad sometimes thinking of a life I could be living in the outside world. I've been isolating off and on for several years now and it seems the times I feel less lonely, I'm in a higher area of social interaction. I am better able to communicate as a result and then I'm back in the isolating period again. Does that make sense? It's ok if not! sorry I ranted! :) Oh and I'm 27 female from Newfoundland, Canada. Take care!

weusedtowait said:
I had a good group of friends when I was younger, but as we grew different, I found myself no longer wanting to spend time with them, and unable to make any new friends - as a result, I've become more and more reclusive for the past two years, and now feel so isolated.

I'm just lost and don't know how to meet like-minded people. I always feel disconnected and out of place, no matter who I'm with.

The online world has provided a community in which I feel safe and accepted, but the problem is, I'm getting so reliant on it, and so more isolated from the 'real' world. I find myself unable to function in the real world, and I wonder if maybe this is because I'm getting less and less used to it. As much as I love my online friends, it's not enough.

I just don't know what to do. Any help?

Honestly, the way you feel is entirely normal and will happen from time to time. As you move around, take jobs, marry, and all that life crap you may find yourself in a place that is not only far away from family but may have an entirely different culture. Or maybe people that hate you for the color of your skin. This is where I live. The thing is that you do need to seek out those pockets of people. Sure the internet is a great place to rant and share ideas but nothing feels better than a hug when you feel like breaking down. People need people. Use them if you you feel the need but just being listened to is a basic need else you end up on lonely forumsites looking for the worst in others. And who wants that?

Latest posts

Back