Loneliness/ isolation in the countryside.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree frog 1

Reaction score
Hi...I’m trying to find connection with others.....
ive been living with my husband in the countryside for 5 years now..
I only see, friends, once a week.
Employement wise, I have become a self employed cleaner.
However, cleaning is mostly for businesses.
i don’t drive, ( need to)
pretty lonely here..
quite busy, feeling lonely and negative.
january blues at same time..
really trying* to keep going..
yesterday, I wanted to leave my marriage!.
ive no family round here...
son-is in the forces
Husband is a farmer..
im a creative person
was, fun( not much these days)
lost my direction....and va voom
would love to chat to others

Hi...I’m trying to find connection with others.....
ive been living with my husband in the countryside for 5 years now..
I only see, friends, once a week.
Employement wise, I have become a self employed cleaner.
However, cleaning is mostly for businesses.
i don’t drive, ( need to)
pretty lonely here..
quite busy, feeling lonely and negative.
january blues at same time..
really trying* to keep going..
yesterday, I wanted to leave my marriage!.
ive no family round here...
son-is in the forces
Husband is a farmer..
im a creative person
was, fun( not much these days)
lost my direction....and va voom
would love to chat to oth
Welcome. I, too, am new. I obsessively clean my home to pass the time. I appreciate this forum as it fills a hole in my soul. Do you have any farm animals as pets? Chickens, Male Turkeys, and Goats are the best! Welcome again to the forum!

Welcome fellow country girl! Sorry it sounds like you're having a rough time. I just wanna say, no one could be a worse driver than me lol but I managed to get my license so I'll be rooting for you if you pursue it!

Hello! I've met many nice Tree Frogs and you seem like another one. Your situation sounds challenging for sure. It sounds like you went into the farming lifestyle and have slowly realized that maybe it's not for you? Am I reading that correctly?

Hang around and chat. We do a lot of that here.

Welcome. I, too, am new. I obsessively clean my home to pass the time. I appreciate this forum as it fills a hole in my soul. Do you have any farm animals as pets? Chickens, Male Turkeys, and Goats are the best! Welcome again to the forum!
Hi yes I keep chickens...I have 17 of them😃nice to meet you

Hello! I've met many nice Tree Frogs and you seem like another one. Your situation sounds challenging for sure. It sounds like you went into the farming lifestyle and have slowly realized that maybe it's not for you? Am I reading that correctly?

Hang around and chat. We do a lot of that here.
Hello EWomack... I ‘ went into it’...as a fell in love, had no choice but to move onto the family farm...if I wanted to Be with my husband. Until, now i hadn’t really thought about it.. ut is a small hold, so I’m not needed to actively farm . It’s the not driving, and no family , being dependant on my husband for going any where is hard.
im not about to walk out of my marriage...it’s not the farming side, as it’s.. not What I do mostly.. he needs me to be earning away from, the farm.
farm onl6 breaks even.
its isolatation, and feeling of no connection , because.. I don5 have family at all in this area..Infact 300 m8kes plus they liv3 away from me.

Hi yes I keep chickens...I have 17 of them😃nice to meet you
Nice to meet you too! We have a lot in common. I, too, am isolated, which adds to our lonely feelings. My animals give me a purpose. However, I still need human interaction. My favorite chicken is the affectionate Mrs. Jones. I wish she could speak. She can't, so I am here. I hope you find peace in our group, and everyone has been wonderful to me.

Welcome Tree frog 1. Your once a week social visit with friends is better than many here are doing. Still, I think we all need more than that. I'd encourage you to befriend your rural neighbors who might not have their social calendars full either. A weekly visit with 2 or 3 different friends would make life better, and until you get the driver's license, a bike should work.

Latest posts

Back