Lonely 16 year old boy.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thing about counseling is that you were eight years old the last time you went. You're 16 now; and even though 16 year old boys aren't know to be able to express their feelings all that well, you're still much more articulate now than when you were eight. If a counselor's not helping you, you'd be better at explaining your thoughts.

I wasn't saying that last time I went to therapist was when I was 8, I was saying I used to go there so much that when I was 8 I went once a day.

You have ur age going for you. You mind and isnt fulley developed yet.
and you havnt been conditioned as long.

COPING SKILL and Healthy living TOOLS.
I still attemd support groups. In my first year of recovery I also needed one on one therapy. Surpport groups miight help you...becuz of authority figured u had in ur life. Theres no counselors or care takers.

Ive notice great improvment for me within the last yr since I started listening to these self help MPE files..
It have a constant source of Good positive reenforcement @ my finger tips...Theres in MP3 files. I can listen to them anytime I need to or want to.
Lots of great informations and Tools I can use to live a healthy happier life.
BEYOUND POSSITVE THINKING...
ULTIMATE CONFIDENCE
by DR. Robert Anothny.

The sedona methdoe...help me with my OCD and TPSD

I havnt been depressed for a couple of years..No meds

Its not a silver bullet to solve all my living problems or challlenges...but Have excellent TOOLS I can apply.

I don't have the time or resources for counseling, either. Maybe I'll just try some online thing.

Hi Argh,

I can understand if you're sick of counseling. I hope that you just don't totally give up on it forever. It can and does work, but it's not a magic bullet as you have discovered. If you find that the therapist isn't helpful and talking to the therapist about it doesn't improve things, then keep looking until you find one that you click with. I also made a mistake. I didn't have three therapists; I had four.

Try something online. As Lonesome Crow said, keep reaching out.

Also, writing about how you feel whether it's on a message board or in a diary can help. Once again, it's not a magic bullet; but maybe it can help take off the edge.

I haven't heard back from my friend, yet.

Lonesome Crow said:
You have ur age going for you. You mind and isnt fulley developed yet.
and you havnt been conditioned as long.

COPING SKILL and Healthy living TOOLS.
I still attemd support groups. In my first year of recovery I also needed one on one therapy. Surpport groups miight help you...becuz of authority figured u had in ur life. Theres no counselors or care takers.

Ive notice great improvment for me within the last yr since I started listening to these self help MPE files..
It have a constant source of Good positive reenforcement @ my finger tips...Theres in MP3 files. I can listen to them anytime I need to or want to.
Lots of great informations and Tools I can use to live a healthy happier life.
BEYOUND POSSITVE THINKING...
ULTIMATE CONFIDENCE
by DR. Robert Anothny.

The sedona methdoe...help me with my OCD and TPSD

I havnt been depressed for a couple of years..No meds

Its not a silver bullet to solve all my living problems or challlenges...but Have excellent TOOLS I can apply.

I totally agree . I so totally agree with that. That's how I would describe it, too. There's no magic bullet, but it's about having a tool box.

Those audio books are bascailly a good conselor or life coach on the go. For me....I listen to them while Im working...I multiy task.lol
Making the time or finding ways..becuz
its very important. Its my life on the line..

Lots of great stuff..some of it are over laps becuase Ive been in recovery for a while...never the less..Im still teachable today...expaning my mind...expanding my life. GROWING even @ my age.

Her Argh, there is one form of counseling you can try that won't cost you a thing, your school guidance counselors. They might not be professional therapists but they can be a good ear to talk to. Especially since it is starting to affect you school work. They might know someone who can help you communicate with your mom too.

You sound like a bright young guy and if you really didn't want to do something about your situation you wouldn't have found this place. You might not feel like getting out of bed some days but you have to! You have to just force yourself to get off your ass, there's no better therapy then making the decision to do it for you. If you want to be happier then make the decision to be happier, steer your life in the direction you want to go right now, positive things though. I was depressed myself awhile back and no one seemed to want to help me get out of it. I finally made the decision that I didn't want to be that way. I know people like you who say that counseling or therapy didn't work, and you know what most of those people didn't want it to. Those people can't help those who don't want the help or want to change, they can only help those who really do want to change. So you have to ask yourself, do you want to change yourself for the better?

Being a teenager sucks, especially being a male teenager, you're still a boy in ways but also expected to become a man, you're stuck in the middle being pulled in all directions. You've had a rough life at such a young age. Worse of all society teaches us that you aren't supposed to be a wimp, you're supposed to keep all your feelings bottled up and never let anyone see you cry. That's just bull, sometimes you need to have a good cry and let it all out, sometimes we need to talk about our feelings, and that should be encouraged.

There are youth support groups out there, your school might even have them all you have to do is look. Don't be afraid to ask for help, even if you just talk to a teacher.

Latest posts

Back