Lonely among the lonely...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niave.... stop being so naive and come join our orgy. We'd love to have you!

I feel like this a lot of the time as well. I've seen a few people here that seem interesting and I'd like to PM them, but I worry I'll just be bugging them. Especially if I were to actually find the courage to PM them, and then find myself with nothing even remotely interesting to talk about. I realize that this is kind of a forum for the lonely, so I'd be willing to wager most people here would be as happy to receive an unexpected message as I would... not that that helps at all -_-; I can't handle shoutboxes or chat rooms, I do horribly in groups. I also hesitate a bit to contact other people solely because of the fact that I seem to be one of the younger members on this site (17). I actually tend to get along much better with people older than I am, but I'm afraid they'll see me as some dumb kid. Stupid, I know

markedman said:
Hi,
I read your message and you have to do what's right for you. Low self esteem is a killer, I know, I have it. Get in with a crowd where you can convey confidence, where you have some knowledge and can participate. Once you get the hang of doing that, your mind says to you, " Hey! this works and feels good. Let's do some more!" P.S. I am not good at public chatting either, one on one chatting is much more comfortable to me. I get intimidated with crowds.

Thanks, I feel so much more relaxed about one on one chatting too. In person or online. When it's a group I'm usually just in the corner pretending I'm okay with everything and that I'm having fun being so quiet.

Blue_Eyed_Symphony said:
Niave.... stop being so naive and come join our orgy. We'd love to have you!

Lol, thanks :) I will try one day and I'm sure people will soon stop asking me because I never do it. xD

Tamaki said:
I feel like this a lot of the time as well. I've seen a few people here that seem interesting and I'd like to PM them, but I worry I'll just be bugging them. Especially if I were to actually find the courage to PM them, and then find myself with nothing even remotely interesting to talk about. I realize that this is kind of a forum for the lonely, so I'd be willing to wager most people here would be as happy to receive an unexpected message as I would... not that that helps at all -_-; I can't handle shoutboxes or chat rooms, I do horribly in groups. I also hesitate a bit to contact other people solely because of the fact that I seem to be one of the younger members on this site (17). I actually tend to get along much better with people older than I am, but I'm afraid they'll see me as some dumb kid. Stupid, I know

That's not stupid at all. I get what you mean though because to most people my age you seem like a baby but not a dumb kid. I hope it gets better for you and you should totally pm someone. I did and it worked out nicely. :)

Latest posts

Back