Lonely and Isolated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jr70895

I am a 56 year old divorced white male living in Louisiana. I have been divorced for 20 years and have no friends and isolated from my family. I have not dated anyone for at least 10 years now. My financial situation is not good at all. I live in a mobile home and virtually own nothing. I work construction and travel on out of town jobs but when off only go straight to the room and stay there until the next work day. I never ever go out to eat only pick up food at a local drive-in and take it back to the room or home. My life is such a waste and totally useless. I currently serve no purpose in life and do not see anything in my futrue that will change that situation. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

jr70895 said:
I am a 56 year old divorced white male living in Louisiana. I have been divorced for 20 years and have no friends and isolated from my family. I have not dated anyone for at least 10 years now. My financial situation is not good at all. I live in a mobile home and virtually own nothing. I work construction and travel on out of town jobs but when off only go straight to the room and stay there until the next work day. I never ever go out to eat only pick up food at a local drive-in and take it back to the room or home. My life is such a waste and totally useless. I currently serve no purpose in life and do not see anything in my futrue that will change that situation. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Lonliness and Isolation although similar, are very different.
You can be isolated and not feel lonley.
You must'nt say that your life is useless, as you just said.
If you feel that your life is empty, than my advice to you would be to
set realistic goals.
For example, set yourself a goal in the romantic field, to find a girlfriend, you can go to a dating service/match maker.
if your christian etc..., than perhaps you should try going to church,
or even try voulnteering on Sundays.

Hope things will get better :)

I think sometimes we isolate ourselves for good reasons but then after awhile (years) it isn't good for us anymore and then we just find ourselves alone and lonely. I bet there are reasons why you started to isolate yourself and stop dating, etc. They were probably good reasons at the time but now they're like a defense that no longer serves you well. This is my theory because I think this is what is going on with my isolation and loneliness. I had some bad relationships that made me not want to get involved with people and then friends and family are often consumed with their spouses and kids. Sometimes I feel like an imposition on them when I go to friends and family for emotional support. Anyway - I think there are good reasons why we isolate but maybe its not as bad as we think if we just come back out of our shell a little and start to socialize again. Thanks for listening!

jr70895 said:

Dear lonely one you are not a waste and you are not useless... you are a precious hurting soul that has been delt a shitty hand in this game of life...Much like most of us here on this forum....I too can relate ,as I live in a shitty trailer...........

Latest posts

Back