Lonely because of BS karma?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
OK, I think today I would like to share this, maybe someone can relate:
does it ever happen to you to waste your life for various troubles (health, family problems, moving, having to work all the time) so that you end up alone because you just don't have the chance to meet others and are too busy to be a regular friend? For years I was "cleaning up" my life, so to speak, and I tried to deal with the above mentioned problems, and now that since a while that part is fixed, I keep encountering really but really stupid problems, like moving to a house that was too noisy and losing three months of life with lack of sleep (that happened twice actually), and now another problem with another house that also doesn't let me sleep, and I am beginning to see a pattern.

These problems are actually quite tangible, so it's not like I am making them up because my twisted psychology doesn't want me to be happy (it could very well be, but it's not), I am a bit sensitive to environmental conditions, even if I lived in really ugly and bad places, but not THAT much. I always had trouble with noise all my life, on the first year of college I moved 5 times in a year because I couldn't stand the noise other students were so happy with, I lost some other time of my life with back pains because of wrong mattresses, and I would get sick over things (food poisoning, flu, whatever) that other people wouldn't even mind. And it keeps happening, over and over again. Bad luck, or pattern?

I really feel that it is my destiny to be f..... alone, no matter how much I reach out to people or how much effort I put in being forgiving and open to others'q quirks, and convince myself that I am lovable, blabla, because I am completely doomed since birth to not have time or opportunity for affection. I can tell you, I feel really completely down. I wonder if someone else had anything similar, I feel so stupid because life is so precious and wasting one for these BS events, when people have cancer and divorces and just keep on going (ok, I had some of those other events too), and instead all I have to show of my life is that I had a hard time making friends or having a career because I couldn't sleep because of a f.... broken window. (sorry about the f.....)

well, isn't it stupid? I hate myself so much right now, for not being more adaptable, in fact on other things (relationships, culture, work, whatever) I totally am, just give me silence, heating and a good mattress. How stupid is that? And why does it keep happening? Sorry about the rant, feel free to ignore me.

Peaches, have you tried earplugs? I'm not trying to sound snarky; this is a completely genuine suggestion. I also had problems sleeping because of environmental noise, and earplugs have literally changed my life. I use Hearos Ultimate Softness earplugs--they're like $5 for a pack of 50 at the drugstore, and they are a miracle. They cut out 100% of common ambient noises like traffic, roommates doing dishes, etc. and cut down loud noises to a fraction of their regular level. I have been able to sleep through anything since I bought them, and I take a pair whenever I travel. They are also relatively comfortable--they are made of memory foam and gently expand inside your ear to close off your ear canal. You can feel them there, but it is not unpleasant and you get used to it really fast. I HIGHLY recommend you give them a shot if you haven't already.

ehm, yes, the sleep was just an example, the point was losing your life for really stupid things, when other people experience great tragedies etc. I regret posting this super-lame post :)

Not a lame post. I kind of get what your talking about. I let my social anxiety and fears control my life which keeps me from getting out and meeting people. And on the sleep thing, I'm usually woken up by people talking, coughing (seriously there is a guy across the hall who always coughs), but other noises don't. I work early in the morning, one customer told me I should stop by his restaurant for breakfast, I appreciated the invite but then I'd have to get up even earlier. Not something I want to do. I think a lot of people allow the little things in their lives to exist as excuses. Someone asks you out, nope it's your laundry day, nope today is the day you vacuum/dust/mop the floors, etc. Ways to wall ourselves off from humanity because we're too scared of what may happen.

Peaches said:
OK, I think today I would like to share this, maybe someone can relate:
does it ever happen to you to waste your life for various troubles (health, family problems, moving, having to work all the time) so that you end up alone because you just don't have the chance to meet others and are too busy to be a regular friend? For years I was "cleaning up" my life, so to speak, and I tried to deal with the above mentioned problems, and now that since a while that part is fixed, I keep encountering really but really stupid problems, like moving to a house that was too noisy and losing three months of life with lack of sleep (that happened twice actually), and now another problem with another house that also doesn't let me sleep, and I am beginning to see a pattern.

These problems are actually quite tangible, so it's not like I am making them up because my twisted psychology doesn't want me to be happy (it could very well be, but it's not), I am a bit sensitive to environmental conditions, even if I lived in really ugly and bad places, but not THAT much. I always had trouble with noise all my life, on the first year of college I moved 5 times in a year because I couldn't stand the noise other students were so happy with, I lost some other time of my life with back pains because of wrong mattresses, and I would get sick over things (food poisoning, flu, whatever) that other people wouldn't even mind. And it keeps happening, over and over again. Bad luck, or pattern?

I really feel that it is my destiny to be f..... alone, no matter how much I reach out to people or how much effort I put in being forgiving and open to others'q quirks, and convince myself that I am lovable, blabla, because I am completely doomed since birth to not have time or opportunity for affection. I can tell you, I feel really completely down. I wonder if someone else had anything similar, I feel so stupid because life is so precious and wasting one for these BS events, when people have cancer and divorces and just keep on going (ok, I had some of those other events too), and instead all I have to show of my life is that I had a hard time making friends or having a career because I couldn't sleep because of a f.... broken window. (sorry about the f.....)

well, isn't it stupid? I hate myself so much right now, for not being more adaptable, in fact on other things (relationships, culture, work, whatever) I totally am, just give me silence, heating and a good mattress. How stupid is that? And why does it keep happening? Sorry about the rant, feel free to ignore me.

Yes.

As in I totally feel the same way but I like to think there's light at the end of the tunnel.

One thing i did learn from recovery is to not beat up on myself no matter what.....
And I certainingly had to learn how to give myself more credit for the things I lived through
and accomplish. Once i stopped compairing my recovery to everyone else...it got easier.

I also recognized certain partterns in my life....beating up on myself was one of them.

Growning up in a dyfucntional home. Livng through abuse, neglect, abadonment...ect
I was a victim of certain life circumstance that was no fualt of my own as a child or kid.
But I continued to live with that mentality as an adult....playing the victim or taking on
a role of a victim. The patterns.

Several people from recovery and people from this site told me striaght up
"STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM".....
They wernt trying to be mean to me nor lack compassion.

Stopping taking on the role or playing a victim was a pattern i had to change.
I made plenty of progress not perfection....
I took many, many baby steps.....such as telling certain people in real life
or from this site to fresia off and die....standing up for myself.
If I stopped beating up on myself...nO sons of bitches are gonna beat up on me either.
Screw guilt...Im done with that honeysuckle too.

Lonesome Crow said:
I took many, many baby steps.....such as telling certain people in real life
or from this site to fresia off and die....standing up for myself.
If I stopped beating up on myself...nO sons of bitches are gonna beat up on me either.
Screw guilt...Im done with that honeysuckle too.

fresia yeah! Respect. :D

Latest posts

Back