Lonely guy in nightclubs?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triilsk

Reaction score
Since my late teens, I have always enjoyed the most mundane idea of fun.
That being partying hard all night long in dark clubs with beautiful women,
loads of alcohol and loud house music.

But how normal is it to do all this ‘alone’, time and time again?

I mean surrounding oneself with strangers rather than “real” friends.

The reason I’m asking, is because I am one of those people that
always goes out alone. I just don’t have anyone to do it with, and even if I did, I doubt
I would go with them. So, on any given friday night I’ll just put on my dancing shoes,
style my hair back with some weird fashion goo, turn my phone off and head out to a club.
Time to get wasted!

Gosh I feel like the only one.

What about you, ever go out alone?

I've gone to music shows on my own, but never to a dance club. you have more courage than me in that department, that's for sure. and probably better dancing skills! :p

I'm not sure if going alone and doing it is any worse than going with some other people. the end result is largely the same, I would think.

I never go to a nightclub alone.

I would never recommend setting foot in a nightclub unless you are beautiful, and able to dance well and fight well.

Otherwise it's just trouble.

I don't go anywhere social alone, so I gotta give you props for even doing that.

Hell yea I go out alone, if it involves alcohol and women I'd prefer not to bring any of my gardenia friends with me so they can attempt to pull sloppy robberies.

All those years of nightclubs I have left behind me now. Every weekend no fail, travelling miles with friends, so much to drink and everything else. Naughty but really stuffed up myself. Started getting really lonely, drinking loads, meeting random people, ending up in random places. And it goes on but will stop as it is the past. My concentration at the moment is the future. What I want to achieve and work on. But still leaves me in my room on my own, typing away. Waiting for the clock to tick round

Hey, I'd go by no means to a night club even with a great company. Hate those places. It's impossible to talk there with such a loud music. Sorry if I've hurt your feelings about night clubs. All I wanna say perhaps you wanna go to some another kind of club... Though now I can only think about some internet places like this one, unless you don't want a place for people of a certain hobby. Oh with all that entertainment craze this society still offers so few options to get entertained.

u are very brave! I love nite clubs but if I dont go with my friends i dont go. I travel sometimes on my own, and I feel Im missing the nite life coz I dont dare to go on my own. Once I went to a bar on my own and felt weird, guess its different for guys. But if u like to go on ur own and u can have fun and meet ppl I dont see anything wrong there.

triilsk said:
Since my late teens, I have always enjoyed the most mundane idea of fun.
That being partying hard all night long in dark clubs with beautiful women,
loads of alcohol and loud house music.

But how normal is it to do all this ‘alone’, time and time again?

I mean surrounding oneself with strangers rather than “real” friends.

The reason I’m asking, is because I am one of those people that
always goes out alone. I just don’t have anyone to do it with, and even if I did, I doubt
I would go with them. So, on any given friday night I’ll just put on my dancing shoes,
style my hair back with some weird fashion goo, turn my phone off and head out to a club.
Time to get wasted!

Gosh I feel like the only one.

What about you, ever go out alone?

If you enjoy going out partying by yourself, and it sounds like you do, just do it; and stop worrying about if it's normal or not.

i like night clubs if i go alone i usually try to talk to most girls as possible and fail with all of them so I usually end up being very drunk and frustrated in the end lol xD

That's really cool dude. I've been thinking about the same thing, but it will definitely take some courage and planning.
I reckon clubbing is the most "real" when it's only you and the interactions you end up in are a product of your, and only your, personality clashing with the people around.

I don't know you can spend hours and hours each day at clubs and bars, but are the people you can meet in such venues much worth knowing?

I remember this kid who went swimming in his mid twenties and he dived in shallow waters and had a horrible accident and spinal injury. I believe he was training as a bartender at the time. My mom's boyfriend son, who was his friend since childhood would visit him in the hospital regularly. I seriously doubt any casual acquaintances who just "want to have fun and meet people"(like most habitual bar and club goers) would visit any of their fair weather friends in such a situation. When the fun is gone, so are they.

alonewanderer said:
Hell yea I go out alone, if it involves alcohol and women I'd prefer not to bring any of my gardenia friends with me so they can attempt to pull sloppy robberies.

I always talk to more girls when I'm alone (in bars or clubs) and don't have to worry about picking up a large bar-tab because my friend forgot his wallet again, and I don't get drunk since I can manage my own pace. Also, I found people will even approach me if I'm alone... I usually go out alone now.

I went to a baseball game by myself yesterday. In another couple of months I will probably be heading out to night clubs... or at least out to some kind of social scene alone. Maybe I will do it alone all the time... who knows... I tend to do a lot alone. A couple of weeks ago I attended an anime convention alone. I talked to no one and I met no new friends...

So yeah you are not the only solitary socializer out there.

Honestly you may as well go to the nightclub alone, standard procedure when you go out with friends is for everyone to scatter in all directions to grab whatever girl you can. You never get to hang out with them anyway!

Latest posts

Back