Lonely Life Indeed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BorrowedHope

Reaction score
Loneliness. The ugly thing I have to face although I have people around me. Thing is, it stems from being used because I'm such a nice guy. That whole cliché about nice guys and finishing last seems about right. But in reality....

Even in a crowded room I feel as if no one understands. I know what it is to be alone, but alone and depressed is seriously bad. I find solace in helping those who need it because it helps me fight the loneliness away it seems. I'm not a selfish person as I put others before myself, maybe that's why I've become so lonely in the end?

I try to change, and from this day forth I set out to change that part of my life as much as I can.

Thanks for reading.

I wish you the best of luck. I too am very lonely is why I work 90 hours a week people think I'm crazy

I appreciate the kind words and wish you luck too. The best thing to do is keep the mind occupied so we don't dwell on the loneliness.

Again, Thank you for reading and your encouragement.

shadownet said:
I wish you the best of luck. I too am very lonely is why I work 90 hours a week people think I'm crazy

I can relate to wanting to help others to try to override your own depressed thoughts and issues. I think it's great you do what you do, but definitely try to sort your own feelings out and try to find happiness in your life.

BorrowedHope said:
Loneliness. The ugly thing I have to face although I have people around me. Thing is, it stems from being used because I'm such a nice guy. That whole cliché about nice guys and finishing last seems about right. But in reality....

Even in a crowded room I feel as if no one understands. I know what it is to be alone, but alone and depressed is seriously bad. I find solace in helping those who need it because it helps me fight the loneliness away it seems. I'm not a selfish person as I put others before myself, maybe that's why I've become so lonely in the end?

I try to change, and from this day forth I set out to change that part of my life as much as I can.

Thanks for reading.
congratulations for this resolution, things WILL change, making the resolution is the first step

Thank you very much for the encouragement I appreciate the post. :)

quote='Peaches' pid='578471' dateline='1386291289']
BorrowedHope said:

Thanks for reading.
congratulations for this resolution, things WILL change, making the resolution is the first step
[/quote]

BorrowedHope said:
I'm not a selfish person as I put others before myself, maybe that's why I've become so lonely in the end?

I'm in the same boat as you. Never had a girlfriend in 28 years. Deal with the sadness, loneliness, depression all the time. I have come to the conclusion the reason I'm the way I am today is because I put others before me. It makes me feel good, but it also is slowly killing me day by day.

I do feel proud about myself for the things I do for people, I'm the reason friends have a home of there own now. I'm been the reason quite a few of my friends kids could actually have a Christmas. I have kept relationships from fallen apart and even save marriages. The wisdom you gain from watching everyone from the sidelines can really be helpful.

Darkness,

Thank you for sharing that. I have my share of experiences with people and their lives that I have helped. The only accomplishment I think about is how I saved my friend from killing herself.

I think as we sit on the sidelines as you put it, it helps us put our own lives in perspective.

I appreciate you taking the time to post. Thank you.
:)

Darkness said:
BorrowedHope said:
I'm not a selfish person as I put others before myself, maybe that's why I've become so lonely in the end?

I'm in the same boat as you. Never had a girlfriend in 28 years. Deal with the sadness, loneliness, depression all the time. I have come to the conclusion the reason I'm the way I am today is because I put others before me. It makes me feel good, but it also is slowly killing me day by day.

I do feel proud about myself for the things I do for people, I'm the reason friends have a home of there own now. I'm been the reason quite a few of my friends kids could actually have a Christmas. I have kept relationships from fallen apart and even save marriages. The wisdom you gain from watching everyone from the sidelines can really be helpful.

I hope you find someone who appreciates you for the help you give other people. I find that when I'm nice and helpful, that gets taken for granted. At a certain point, it's good to put some distance between someone who's using you and see if they make any reciprocal efforts.

I often shut them out eventually I know that doesn't really solve the problem but I give several chances. After a while one has to distance themselves when its 100% all of yourself and we are left getting used all the time.

edamame721 said:
I hope you find someone who appreciates you for the help you give other people. I find that when I'm nice and helpful, that gets taken for granted. At a certain point, it's good to put some distance between someone who's using you and see if they make any reciprocal efforts.

Yeah man, I used to have a close knit group of friends. After a while, we kind of broke off though. They stopped hanging out with me in person but whenever we would play online games, they'd always be there. I decided to just stop contacting them after a while. I felt like they were using me since they needed someone to play online with.

I've been on the search for a true group of new friends ever since. I wish you luck and I hope we both can find a group of good friends :).

I wish you well on the search too :)

What online games do you play might I ask?
GrannySmith111 said:
Yeah man, I used to have a close knit group of friends. After a while, we kind of broke off though. They stopped hanging out with me in person but whenever we would play online games, they'd always be there. I decided to just stop contacting them after a while. I felt like they were using me since they needed someone to play online with.

I've been on the search for a true group of new friends ever since. I wish you luck and I hope we both can find a group of good friends :).

Latest posts

Back