Lonely sod

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

I'm lonely & I hate this life.

No alarm bells, I'm not suicidal.

I've just turned 32 a week ago (no happy birthdays please), have a 9 year old son who I have on my days off so really I don't get a day off @ all. I work @ a dead end mill job doing 4x12hr shifts then get 4 days off all year round.

I find that I'm angry almost all of the time. Mostly @ myself for poor life choices & ongoing addictive tendencies.

10 years ago I had heaps of friends, was singing in a popular local band & always had girls around me (which stupidly I over indulged in). Now I live 10kms out of town in a granny flat type place @ my mates parents house. It's cheap rent so that's a plus but I feel so detached from society. I spend my time riding my bike as often as i can, putting off jobs i need to do (laziness), eating unhealthily & playing Xbox.

I try to focus on the positive things in my life but honestly that just gets me angry as it always leads to the what ifs & what could've beens.

My last girlfriend went to stay with her parents for a few days, after us living together for a year. A week later she phoned & said we should go into town & pay some bills & the like. 20 mins after I pick her up she tells me she's going to move out. 4 years on I still don't know why. Although I know she wasn't the right girl for me it's extremely depressing & i've been living in a hole ever since

I just want to be comfortable in myself & not be by myself

Thanks for reading, skimming or whatever

Hey Left In The Cold, Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you can get what you need to help you through and find some happiness. Take care :)

Hi Left in the Cold, that seems like a lot of stuff to go through, it sounds like your anger has good foundations. Hope you find some new ways of dealing with it, without what ifs and could have beens (I like that expression that you use, didn't know it before). Anyway, welcome.

Hey Left, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about what's been happening but I hope that you'll find some people to talk to here and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

Hi there and welcome, this is a lovely place, I hope you find something that helps here :).

Latest posts

Back