Lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurahort37

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m Laura 30 years old
I’ve got plenty of family and a daughter but my god I’m lonely .
man ex has just got back in contact a few weeks ago we have met a few times on his terms but when I suggest something there an excuse of being tired from work.
I just feel useless and tired from trying . I am a mega over thinker but I’m not sure on this one

Hi, welcome.

It's difficult to give advice as there isn't a lot of context. Also, everyone will have their own opinion.

From what you have said, being tired from work can happen. If I was very tired from work, I'd want some respite by spending time with a significant other. However, being turned down by them in such a moment would probably be frustrating, or it would be frustrating if they weren't sympathetic to that fact and heaped more stress upon me, on top of being tired from work.

It sounds like the relationship didn't work out before, and already, you are having problems, after getting back in contact. You might be being unreasonable, he might be being selfish, or, both of you, combined, just don't make for a situation where your needs can both be satisfied.

It sounds like you are tired of trying, and he's too tired of his stressors to want to be in your company.

It seems you lack options. Your only option is accept that he won't reciprocate in the way you want or need, or try to figure out a way that successfully helps you acquire what you want or need from him; but, you are tired, and things feel useless, so you must accept your lack of options, and that seems like a miserable place for you. You are also miserable of being alone as well. So you are alone with him and you are alone with out him.

Just be alone.

Welcome to a lonely life... :confused:

This too shall pass..

Welcome to the forums :)

Welcome to the forum... Your ex kinda sounds like a jerk tbh and overthinking sucks, hope you have a good time here though <3

Welcome and all the trimmings...exes are supposed to be that, and they love a comfortable convenient side piece. Just what I dealt with. Maybe it's dissimilar. Every story is different

Latest posts

Back