Lonely25YrOld/Model/152 IQ/OLD FAMILY AND ALONE

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeDiable

Reaction score
View attachment 3
On paper, in reputation and in appearance I do attract people but for all of the wrong reasons. How does one attract others who realize MENSA is for people who are of "average intelligence." They're admittance IQ exam I took on Percocet though I've been tested by real psychologists ever since I was a wee one.

It is difficult when my only peer and best friend is a 45 year old employment attorney since she is married and can't go dance with me in Fort Lauderdale's most "pretty people" nightclub since they'd surely scowl at her. She is a little overweight but so many are shallow and at least the is working out and dieting to lose it opposed to the impatient, desperate people who get a lap band, stapling or lipo.

When you have neuropathies, fibromyalgia, recurring bursitis which are all painful conditions that keep you from joining people in social events such as the walks we have here in Fort Lauderdale for AIDS/Breast Cancer/Cystic Fibrosis/etc.

Thank goodness for the love of knowledge so that books keep me company most of the time. I may be 25 but have a lot of political pull from my consulting, influence of others etc, but even being the "bell of society or disco balls" I'm still lonely as someone who is mean to people should be. People are lined up around the block to be my friend but it is because they need free psychoanalysis, think I may submit to their sexual advances or line their pockets. Most of them look as if they hang on to my every word and it is not healthy to give someone the ability to destroy you so of course, the few I've discussed politics, policy or other social ideas with I don't hear from on facebook since I just stopped reading private messages.

I've played the part of timid guy and let an old acquaintance drive me and a friend of his (from God knows where) only to find out this guy was a true liability to our safety or freedom. How can you trust an acquaintance like that who appeared to be a promising friend as he was willing to learn from me and such who brings dangerous people around?

Still, I'd prefer to not be lonely.​

Attachments

• croppedSundayBrunch.jpg
    croppedSundayBrunch.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 267
Im new so hopefully I dont get in trouble for saying this.

Im a Lead Engineer, got offered a place in MENSA after taking a IQ test and turned them down and had no issues making top of my classes. I also used to have all sorts of issues with friends because I mentioned the above. Saying any of those things to someone you just met is a one way ticket to them not wanting to talk to you anymore. You would be better off talking about the last Pokemon convention you went to.

Just my 2 cents, and its probably worth less than that.

Divzro said:

Im a Lead Engineer, got offered a place in MENSA after taking a IQ test and turned them down and had no issues making top of my classes. I also used to have all sorts of issues with friends because I mentioned the above. Saying any of those things to someone you just met is a one way ticket to them not wanting to talk to you anymore. You would be better off talking about the last Pokemon convention you went to.

+10

And welcome to the forum by the way. :)

EveWasFramed said:
Divzro said:

+10

heh That bit about Mensa reminded me of a guy I'd dated who was a member of Mensa. He found a way to work it into every goddamn conversation. You'd be surprised how a discussion of which dish detergent to buy could naturally progress to, "So did I ever tell you I'm in Mensa?"

*snort*

If he was a savant, it certainly had the term "idiot" in front of it.

Divzro said:

I think a lot more than that.

Latest posts

Back