Lonelylife makes me feel more lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's easier for the people that actually get a lot of messages or replies to their posts/threads to have a good attitude about this subject.

Yep, agree with kamya. Not many may have the luck to find people they can easily connect with or have conversations with. And I do get what blackdot is saying because I've experienced that too exactly. I used to write long long e-mails to several e-pals of mine but then as the years went by.... the e-mails fade away, so did the people. Not many people deal with e-mailing nowadays. I still do, with a friend or 2 but it's not as many as it used to be for me. Times have changed.

I see where you're coming from about this place. Some of the stuff I read on here is really saddening. I can't visit this place too often. Partially because I often read stuff that is upsetting. I like to stay high! (legally, of course)

About your concern, don't read anything into people not responding. I'm sure it's nothing against you. Some people just aren't too active on here. Or they don't like to talk too much. Lots of people on here are shy. They might find it hard to even talk online to people. I'm sure you're just fine to talk to :)

Hey Mystery_Man, don't feel bad. It's not that people are rejecting you, it's just hard to click with people both online and offline. Online, it can be even harder, especially on forums because you're not chatting in real time. People forget about threads they posted in or don't visit for a while because they might be dealing with something in real life (illness, family emergency, etc). Also, there are a wide variety of people here with different interests, so it would be hard to find someone with your exact same hobbies, which can make conversation difficult. *pats*

Yes Im finding it really hard to click with people these days. I used to be able to online but it seems people are more closed off now for various reasons I do not know. All I want to do is reach out and be friendly and hopefully make friends. I understand not everyone wants to be my friend and thats completely fine. But nowadays, I jsut have so much trouble connectin with people. Gone are the days where people were less liekly to judge you by your pic etc seems almost everyone's clicky and picky these days :\

JustALonelyGuy said:
Yes Im finding it really hard to click with people these days. I used to be able to online but it seems people are more closed off now for various reasons I do not know.

I've noticed this too. It seems to be way different than it was in the early-mid 90's when everyone that was on the internet was more open and would connect to others.

blackdot said:
JustALonelyGuy said:
Yes Im finding it really hard to click with people these days. I used to be able to online but it seems people are more closed off now for various reasons I do not know.

I've noticed this too. It seems to be way different than it was in the early-mid 90's when everyone that was on the internet was more open and would connect to others.

Exactly as I ahve referred to! thanks black!

JustALonelyGuy> one of the differences is that the internet went mainstream. before, it was just nerds, geeks, and college kids. The internet was a perfect place to meet others that were alike. Then it went commercial in the late 90's/early 00's and it went down hill. Everyone jumped on and that ran off all the outcasts that had come to know it as home. Then cell phones came out and everyone ran over to it.
I just wish all the outcasts would come back to the internet now that the crazy people have left for their cell phones and texting.

..I think the problem is we are relying on the internet too much for social connection..

The days of forming friendships on forums have long past. I've noticed this too. It was easier in the 90s indeed, because back then, it wasn't cool to be an ******* to others, and generally exclude people.

I'll add that my opinion has nothing to do with my experience here, which has been pretty good.

Latest posts

Back