Lonelytown

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Sage

Reaction score
You know what I randomly thought up after joining here and seeing so many different lonely people? How wild it would be if a bunch of us pooled resources and just moved into the same community, or even started a new one in the middle of nowhere. Obviously this is just daydreaming, but still...

I think it is just not happening because a lot of evil people like hackers, trolls, scammers, bullies have ruined the internet for everyone else, and as a result of that, the good people online have become afraid of each others...

I remember that, 10 years ago or less, Forum Users meetings were not rare. But now it rarely happens. Except for Facebook users sometimes.

People used to post their e-mails everywhere and not be afraid of that... Now, because of the spam bots, e-mails have become a private information. Too sad.

Mausolos said:
I think it is just not happening because a lot of evil people like hackers, trolls, scammers, bullies have ruined the internet for everyone else, and as a result of that, the good people online have become afraid of each others...

I remember that, 10 years ago or less, Forum Users meetings were not rare. But now it rarely happens. Except for Facebook users sometimes.

People used to post their e-mails everywhere and not be afraid of that... Now, because of the spam bots, e-mails have become a private information. Too sad.

Well, I kind of think you might be bringing your own experiences into this.

This idea is not realistic for a multitude of reasons, although it would be great PR for a mental health initiative by a non-profit or government agency...hmm...

A lot of people in here are lonely now, but I can't imagine they will be forever. A lot of students are in here, and as they move and graduate and start other schools, they'll meet new people or start new lives. For some of the other people in here, though... this might not be that bad or far-fetched.

There have already been several meetings between people on ALonelyLife. So it's quite possible that there could be at least an ALL convention in the future... but to pool resources and live together? That's a mighty big step.

Commie.

It could be a possibility if there were a TON of people on this site, unfortunately this isnt the case.

SophiaGrace said:
It could be a possibility if there were a TON of people on this site, unfortunately this isnt the case.

Obviously most of this is a daydream/thinking out loud. But a part of me, there is a part, kind of would want to help make this happen. And I realize that while I feel lousy now, I do have some friends, and I probably will have another long-term relationship.

But I read some of these comments and my heart hurts for them. Some literally see no way out, it seems.

And a part of me wants to meet some of these incredibly attractive, interesting people on here and explain to them that there's absolutely no reason they should feel as bad as they do. (And yes, while I know looks aren't everything, they certainly help in first impressions)

Finally, I love underground movements. Well, positive ones. Can you imagine a few brave souls being the public face of "Lonelytown" and being interviewed on news and talk shows about how there is now a physical, real place where everyone belongs and no one is shunned? There's a whimsical indie movie about this just waiting to happen. I should start writing...

Badjedidude said:
^^^I always wanted to live in a medieval village. We could do that.

Ya know, I think it'd be interesting to find out just what building this mecca would entail. Someone with a lot of free time should try to figure it out. I'm an idea man. Also, while I'm lonely, I don't have THAT much free time. At least for now.

They tried to build a town in north dakota solely made up of deaf people and only allowing people fluent in American Sign Language. It didnt work out so well. It fell through because people around them were opposed to it. :(

They were going to name it Laurent, after the first deaf teacher to come to America.

that... is... a... good idea! i think if a bunch of us started our own town or city, it would be very peaceful. thanks for the idea!

Badjedidude said:
^^^I always wanted to live in a medieval village. We could do that.

I'll only come if i get to be the village idiot. :)

Can I, Can I????

Here's my question....if we made this "lonelytown" we would no longer be lonely so would that name even be appropriate?

Also, why don't we have any functions where we at least all get together once a year or have some sort of ALL convention or getaway? Or do we? Fill me in please..........

Latest posts

Back